Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kony Ealy Earning Praise

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm dumb enough to hope the panthers keep all three. Besides the panthers refusing to use both RBs on the same down, that's possible with DEs.

Posted · Report post

I didn't love the pick but I didn't hate it. Absolutely great value where they got him. I still think they maybe could have gone in a different direction than from a guy who is only going to play when CJ or GH need a quick breather.

..or on passing downs moving him to the 3-tech. We can find ways to use him

Posted · Report post

Would you rather have that, or Cam. I don't believe you can have both long term.

I think it is possible.  TV contracts come in I believe next season which should cause a dramatic jump in the cap.  We have I think another 20 mil in dead money this year.  Something is going to give in the runningback department soon also.

We could be looking at another 40-50 mil over the next 2 seasons for Cam, Hardy and Keek.

Posted · Report post

I just hope we can get something for either Hardy or Johnson if Ealy turns out to be a great selection. It would really hurt to just let Hardy walk and him end up with a 15 sack season with the Buccaneers or Seahawks for a mere compensatory 3rd rounder.

Posted · Report post

Honestly, I want hardy to stay, but his asking price is going to be way too much. I rather they find a way to trade him for a future draft pick. Get more DE talent in next years draft. Then in the near future find the replacements for Johnson as well. If we sign Cam, there is no way we sign those DE's as well. You still have Luke's contract to look at. Gettleman has his work cut out for him. 

Posted · Report post

I didn't love the pick but I didn't hate it. Absolutely great value where they got him. I still think they maybe could have gone in a different direction than from a guy who is only going to play when CJ or GH need a quick breather. 

I agree.  At the end of the day, a decent amount hinges on how much he can prove year 1 in whatever role is given.  If it allows us to part ways with someone, it opens cap room for other positions and we got another stud DE on our hands.

It shows how the BPA strategy can have a 2-3 year echo.   

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

massive leverage on hardy's contract, our ticket out of CJ's contract, and meanwhile a potential star at the position.

i'm still amazed people freaked out so badly when we snagged him.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

massive leverage on hardy's contract, our ticket out of CJ's contract, and meanwhile a potential star at the position.

i'm still amazed people freaked out so badly when we snagged him.

Same, I loved the pick

Posted · Report post

As I read somewhere on NFL.com, everyone is good in Spring. That said, I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table.

Posted · Report post

Still want to sign Hardy to a long term deal badly. 

Our young defensive core of Hardy, Star, KK, Luke, and hopefully Ealy, if he works out, should be great for years to come. 

Would Hardy be Hardy without CJ on the other side?

Maybe.

But just putting the question out there.

Posted · Report post

Would Hardy be Hardy without CJ on the other side?

Maybe.

But just putting the question out there.

I guess we'll eventually find out one way or another.  My gut tells me that he would be dominant regardless. 

Posted · Report post

Damn good question... On that same note, I know he was comin up his previous years, but how much did Star, KK & a much improved middle make him better? Love some GHardy, but can't let go of 7of15 sacks in last 2 games.... Very similar to another thread talkin about redzone efficiency, and the lack of in the playoff game. Where was Hardy that day? Love da Kraken, love his attitude, love screaming his name on Sunday... But....

I do hope Ealy can fill the role, who's ever it might be....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle