Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Kony Ealy Earning Praise

61 posts in this topic

I was happy with the pick too, but let's calm down with this talk of replacing Hardy or CJ, he hasn't even had his first training camp yet...

thread nazi!

Hardy/Ealy or CJ/Ealy is an eventuality.  Can't keep all 3 with the contracts we have coming up over the next 3 years.  My gut tells me we would be better off keeping CJ restructured.  I love me some Kraken but storm clouds are on the horizon on multiple fronts.

It's like the SS89 situation, not sure what to think but no matter who leaves I will hate to see them go.

thread nazi!

Well let me borrow the crystal ball for awhile then.

Well let me borrow the crystal ball for awhile then.[/quote

I think it's more why do you feel the need to tell random people on the internet to calm down in a bagillion threads and then call other ppl thread nazis

I think it's more why do you feel the need to tell random people on the internet to calm down in a bagillion threads and then call other ppl thread nazis

If you are talking about the thread I think you are, I wasn't even talking to you, but if you are upset about it, then okay.

Why does anyone feel the need to post their opinions here? They go ahead and do it anyway regardless.

If you are talking about the thread I think you are, I wasn't even talking to you, but if you are upset about it, then okay.

Why does anyone feel the need to post their opinions here? They go ahead and do it anyway regardless.

Lol

i love the "tap the brakes" guys. they always make me chuckle.

massive leverage on hardy's contract, our ticket out of CJ's contract, and meanwhile a potential star at the position.

i'm still amazed people freaked out so badly when we snagged him.

i didn't freak out, but i definitely wasn't thrilled with the pick and here's why....i'm not convinced that we will part from either CJ or hardy and i doubt that there will be a significant enough amount of leverage in hardy talks to keep his future contract from not being one of the top ones in the league. he'll still be expensive and we'll still be spending far more than any other team on the position.

i just get a feeling that rivera and gettleman are a bit too convicted in their beliefs about the importance of having the DL stacked.

if we move on from either hardy or CJ, then i'll feel better about the ealy pick. until that happens i just think it's overkill and the imbalance it creates on our own team, esp. on defense, will come back to bite us in the rear.

Then the predictable passive aggressive "if your upset about it, sorry" lines

That pulls at my feels so hard

Using Ealy as leverage with Hardy isn't going to get us much of anywhere unless Hardy ends up having a down year, and I don't see that being very likely at all, he knows he has an even bigger pay day waiting if he balls out this season. As for CJ, I don't understand the hurry to push him out the door, he's our most consistent, and complete DE, just think about the impact it had after he went down against the Patriots.