Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UNC Academic Scandal

556 posts in this topic

Posted

Just thought maybe we needed a "catch all" for this topic.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11036924/former-north-carolina-basketball-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

It's not a massive court leak that connects unc basketball to boosters and agents but it does link the championship team in '05 and roy to the fake grades and classes that unc has tried to avoid.  How many unc fans would now leave McCants off that $15 team now?

Posted

Being that McCants said this I take it worth a grain of salt.

Did he take fake classes, yeah probably. Did Roy Williams know about the classes, probably not.

McCants and his family both dislike UNC for some strange reason and this is McCants's chance to stir the pot and even lie if he wants too.

If Sean May said this, then I would be concerned.

Posted

I would. But I would have before, too.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted

I wonder how much he's getting paid to come forward? It's gotta be quite a large sum of money to never be able to return to UNC again.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted

I wonder how much he's getting paid to come forward? It's gotta be quite a large sum of money to never be able to return to UNC again.

Sent from my iPhone

He hates UNC, I doubt he's been back more than three times since he's graduated.

Him and his parents hate the school, Williams, the basketball program etc...

I guess they're mad that their boy never panned out in the league.

Posted

He hates UNC, I doubt he's been back more than three times since he's graduated.

Him and his parents hate the school, Williams, the basketball program etc...

I guess they're mad that their boy never panned out in the league.

Why do all these former players and faculty members "hate" unc so much?  I mean do you really believe all these different people associated with unc have gotten together and lied because they hate unc so much?  How many more athletes need to come out and back up what MW has said for unc fans to pull their heads out of the sand?

1 person likes this

Posted

Rashard McCan pass his college classes

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Why do all these former players and faculty members "hate" unc so much? I mean do you really believe all these different people associated with unc have gotten together and lied because they hate unc so much? How many more athletes need to come out and back up what MW has said for unc fans to pull their heads out of the sand?

I'm not posting any links because I already know how his family feels about Carolina.

Do yourself a favor and use Google.

He's not a fan of the university.

Maybe some credible people need to come out, not a professors report who has been dismissed, not a football player whose name is no longer affiliated with the university (as in UNC no longer claims them), or a basketball player whose father is on record saying that he dislikes Roy Williams.

Ask Sean May to come out, ask T.J. Yates to come out... Then you will have my attention.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789

Posted

I'm waiting for the Walmart UNC fans to come in here and say this doesn't matter...since they have nothing at stake like attending a college that actively participated in academic fraud.

Posted

I'm waiting for the Walmart UNC fans to come in here and say this doesn't matter...since they have nothing at stake like attending a college that actively participated in academic fraud.

mrtd will be here as soon as his shift is over.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not posting any links because I already know how his family feels about Carolina.

Do yourself a favor and use Google.

He's not a fan of the university.

Maybe some credible people need to come out, not a professors report who has been dismissed, not a football player whose name is no longer affiliated with the university (as in UNC no longer claims them), or a basketball player whose father is on record saying that he dislikes Roy Williams.

Ask Sean May to come out, ask T.J. Yates to come out... Then you will have my attention.

Why wouldn't you just post a link so we could all see and discuss?

So you honestly believe there is no validity to what all these former unc players or faculty are saying?  They all have the same story!

Let's not forget that McCants did make the Dean's list!

Posted (edited)

Who are "all these" former players?

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by RoaringRiot

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0