Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stauskas To Work Out For Hornets Wednesday

70 posts in this topic

Posted

So what you're saying is that Hendo and Afflalo are nothing a like?

If Hendo had a jumper we wouldn't be even having this conversation because he'd probably be a top 10 shooting guard.

His overall game is good, his inability to score isn't.

That is hysterical.

So your logic is that if our SG actually had a good shot...then we would not need a new SG?

Well duh

Posted

That is hysterical.

So your logic is that if our SG actually had a good shot...then we would not need a new SG?

Well duh

I'm not sure what your point is...

We just said the same exact thing.

Posted

Affalo only has one year left, his 2015 season is a player option that he will definitely opt out of after the way he's played the last few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

When comparing AA to Stauskas you have to ask whether you think Stauskas will eventually develop into a better player than what we'll get from AA (assuming this hypothetical trade even happens).  It'll be a risk either way...you take Stauskas and he ends up a bust, you look like a dope.  You trade for AA and Stauskas ends up an All-Star, you look like a dope.  Everyone is right that AA is a "proven" commodity.  But by the same token, you know what you're getting with AA.  He's probably as good as he's going to get.  I'd lean towards keeping the pick and drafting Stauskas because I believe he'll turn out to be a really outstanding player...particularly in our offense.  But I can see the argument both ways.

Posted

I can agree with that, but I don't think Stauskas' ball handing skills are leaps and bounds better than Henderson's.

Stauskas' ball handling skills ARE leaps and bounds better than Hendo... Just watch his highlights from Michigan or his pre-draft workouts.

Hendo looks clumsy with the ball and essentially only uses one dribble to elevate for fade-away jumpers... 

It's laughable. Stauskas is smooth with the ball.

Posted

we are in win now mode. we have a good base and are young as hell

we don't need anymore rookies, we need people who can produce THIS year to move up from #7 in the playoffs to the Top 4. Stauskas will not do that- Afflalo could potentially do that

but we still need to get a backup PG and another solid Big, especially if McBob is gone

Posted

The thing about trading the pick for a guy like Affalo is it destroys any chance we have of finding that "star" player every team needs to be put over the top. If we took Stauskus or Lavine we would have a "chance" at one of them becoming a stud and putting us over the top. Affalo just makes us a 6th or 5th seed for a couple years at best, IMO

Posted

if Staus or Lavine were Really in the conversation of being a "star player"-

don't you think they would be talked about being drafted in the top 8??

I haven't even heard anything suggesting that- matter fact- they are being labeled as REACH at #9

most people are on here talking about trading down and picking them up.. you don't trade down to draft a "star player"

don't know if im making sense so ill just say this- dont hold your breath to see if Staus or Lavine makes the Allstar team anytime soon

Posted

Stauskas' ball handling skills ARE leaps and bounds better than Hendo... Just watch his highlights from Michigan or his pre-draft workouts.

Hendo looks clumsy with the ball and essentially only uses one dribble to elevate for fade-away jumpers...

It's laughable. Stauskas is smooth with the ball.

Being a good ball handler against cones is not the same as being a good ball handler with someone in your jersey.

Those moves you saw him perform don't transfer to the game, just watch his tape. He gets by on his length and decent athleticism.

Posted

^^

Um his ballhandling is just fine in game with defenders in his jersey. 

Posted

^^

Um his ballhandling is just fine in game with defenders in his jersey. 

Fine yes... leaps and bounds (like that other poster said) ahead of Henderson's... no.

One of his weakness (according to DraftExpress) is creating consistently, so obviously he isn't as good of a ball handler as you think he is.

If he was a great ball handler he would have no problem at creating a shot for himself consistently.

Posted

Staus has no problem creating a shot for himself consistently. 

He has a step back J that is unguardable that he can get anytime he wants. 

And as I pointed out, his handle might not be leaps n bounds better than Hendo's. It certainly is significantly better, so much so that UM was able to run their offense through Staus as the primary ball handler, distributer, and scorer.