Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got kicked out of fuggin Angry Ale's

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My dad is a Cowboys fan. My brother was too before he died. My point is that both of them were tall and lean people that knew everything about the Cowboys and watched every game. Although we would have playful banter, I've never heard them day a cross thing to anyone. Even Redskins fans. And my dad has never even had one sip of alcohol.

So just because they like the Cowboys doesn't make them a bad person or a Bandwagon fan. The only franchise I even respect in football besides the Panthers are the Cowboys, and that's because of one of these "horrible" Cowboys fans that everyone talks about.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think all aforementioned posts refer to typical 90s bandwagon Cowboy fans. Your dad was probably a fan from the Tom Landry era and stuck with the team through the years. Your late brother ( sorry for you loss). Was most likely a fan through your dad. Sounds like you had a good time with the back and forth banter.

My Bro in law from Long Island is a lifetime cowboy fan but similar to your family does not flaunt or act larger than life like most of the Cowboy fans we encounter. There are a few cowboy fans that have sense but not too many.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Kinda ironic how everyone is making fun of every Cowboys fan for supposedly being a bandwagon fan and every Saints fan for supposedly just joining in '09, yet fail to mention the droves of Panther Bandwagon fans they made multiple threads on this boards about after Cam had his little 6 game stretch back in '11 and people thought he was you to be great, or last year mid November after a bunch of wins. I mean even look at all the new memberships to this board last Nov and Dec with the customary, "oh I be been a fan all my life and longtime lurker, but was waiting for a historic win run and best season in recent history before posting".

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/59402-why-the-hate-on-bandwagon-fans/

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/60556-i-lol-at-how-many-bandwagon-fans-this-city-has/

Lol at all the people thinking Cam was going to be elite after those first few games, and then turned out to be more of an elite running back, passing QB not so much! Please give him a loooooong extension!

Posted · Report post

This reminds me so much of the imfamous thread by my favorite Falcons fans to banter with. He wrote about telling off a Saints fan in Falcons territory: (this is the guy that came here posting about me last year, were actually pretty cool now, just to passionate fans repping our teams)

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3930348-some-saints-have-nerves/

I'm eating at the wonderful chick-fil-a (which sponcers the falcons). out of the location at flowery branch (home of the falcons). And this stupid winch comes in with a saints shirt and sits in front of me.

Lets just say my white mohawk was turning red hot mad. I asked if she knew where she was and what she was wearing. She tried to say something but I couldn't understand swamp people talk. And then was told by a old guy; who worked for chick-fil-a, to either be polite or leave.

What did I do? I was nice in the way I talked to her, and she was the one who came into my territory. I wonder how he would fill if a person set beside him with a "i support osama bin laden"shirt on?

Posted · Report post

lol smack central posts from 2012-2014 are dat alice's magnum opus

one day he will tell his grandchildren about his glory days singlehandedly funding utz's cheese ball industry and fat-fingering essays to dumb panthers fan's LOL

Posted · Report post

yep the cowboys bandwagon is certainly comparable to bandwagon cam fans alright

Posted · Report post

and if no grandchildren than a box of three dozen dunkin donuts

Posted · Report post

grandchildren 

Huge assumption 

edit: why do I even bother

Posted · Report post

yep the cowboys bandwagon is certainly comparable to bandwagon cam fans alright

You're sarcasm is well placed, Cowboys actually won something in the 90's, Cam and Panthers...well not so much!

Posted · Report post

You're sarcasm is well placed, Cowboys actually won something in the 90's, Cam and Panthers...well not so much!

"dallas won them a couple of them there super bowls two decades ago hyuk"

it's like i'm really talking to some toothless redneck wearing a starter jacket in a food lion parking lot

also http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/youre-vs-your

Posted · Report post

your going to be sorry when you're team loses panther's fan's ha'hahaha;

Posted · Report post

cam also has a massive hate circlejerk that's very much alive.  go to any article about the panthers and there are thousands of alice clones posting their "lol panther cant win football game with running back play QB" bullshit in the comments.  he probably has a negative bandwagon if you compare that to the number of fans who actually jumped on board when we drafted him.

also anybody who proclaims that what happened during and after cam's rookie season is in any way comparable to ESPN's 24 hour coverage of the cowboys or the sudden emergence of "who dat nation" is officially a confirmed dumbass

Posted · Report post

Kinda ironic how everyone is making fun of every Cowboys fan for supposedly being a bandwagon fan and every Saints fan for supposedly just joining in '09, yet fail to mention the droves of Panther Bandwagon fans they made multiple threads on this boards about after Cam had his little 6 game stretch back in '11 and people thought he was you to be great, or last year mid November after a bunch of wins. I mean even look at all the new memberships to this board last Nov and Dec with the customary, "oh I be been a fan all my life and longtime lurker, but was waiting for a historic win run and best season in recent history before posting".

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/59402-why-the-hate-on-bandwagon-fans/

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/60556-i-lol-at-how-many-bandwagon-fans-this-city-has/

Lol at all the people thinking Cam was going to be elite after those first few games, and then turned out to be more of an elite running back, passing QB not so much! Please give him a loooooong extension!

We call out bandwagon fans... whether they are Taints fans since 2009, or Panthers fans since 2013. Just like I call out Heat fans who were Lakers fans 5 years ago. What's your point? Bandwagoners are garbage, no matter which team they root for. If some stick around for the bad times, then I welcome them.

As far as Cam and "elite running back" lolololololololololololololololololololol, fat boy.

Let's compare his first three years versus Brees' first three years, shall we? Actually, I'll do Bree's first 4 years vs. Cam's first 3 since Brees only played one game his rookie year (you know... that stiff camp competition with Doug Flutie).

Both made the playoffs for the first time in their third year as starter, both had one and done post seasons. 

Brees: 8,772 Passing Yards; 56 Passing TDs; 38 Interceptions; 802/1309 passing (61.2% completion) 20-21 W/L record

Newton: 11,299 Passing Yards; 64 Passing TDs; 42 Interceptions. 882/1475 passing (59.8% completion) 25-23 W/L record

----keep in mind, I'm also including Brees' fourth year, where he really improved his game (ESPN speak for "Antonio Gates became dominant") otherwise Brees' completion percentage would be slightly lower than Cam's.

As far as being an "elite running back" well, I'll just leave it at this: Brees is still 2 career rushing TDs short of matching what Cam did his rookie year.

Now, imagine Cam if the offense weren't still designed for Fox ball....

3 people like this