• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Don't wear your panther gear anywhere outside the 704....or you are the guy you yelled at

Proudly wear my hat and shirts in Houston. Texan fans respect the Panthers.

Haven't ventured up 45 to JerryLand yet. 

#17 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Neither I or my friends have ever had issue in a Carolina wearing Saints gear other than some good spirited ribbing, but I don't get the Steeler and Cowboy hate, one team isn't in your division and one isn't in the same conference.

#18 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Neither I or my friends have ever had issue in a Carolina wearing Saints gear other than some good spirited ribbing, but I don't get the Steeler and Cowboy hate, one team isn't in your division and one isn't in the same conference.

Valid thought actually Alice.

The reason why is because Steeler and Cowboy fans are widespread in the Charlotte area and think they run things because their respective teams won 5 super bowls before they were born. When you go to a club in Uptown or off Montford Dr. and some fugger starts a go Steelers chant, it kind of pisses you off. It would be kind of like Cowboy fans starting a go Cowboys chant in the middle of the French quarter

Edited by TNPanther, 11 June 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

The Steeler hate stems from old timers who inhabited the Carolinas before the Panthers (or most of us in this forum) existed. Those old timers apparently didn't have very good genes to pass along to their children. Their children like the Steelers because "I used to sit on dad's lap watching Terry Bradshaw".  Their grandchildren still didn't inherit the genes necessary to form one's own opinion and like the Steelers because "I sat on dad's lap watching Neil O'Donnell".

Those people are everywhere. Then there are the half a million or so Pittsburgh exiles who moved to different cities and popped out millions of welfare Steeler fan babies.

However, they are nowhere near as annoying as Cowboy fans. I've come to the conclusion that most people who say the Cowboys are their favorite team simply do not watch football but want a favorite team. Rarely can they name a player other than Romo or Bryant.

Then there are the "hardcore" Cowboys fans... you know them when you see them. No episode of COPS has ever been filmed without a drunk guy in a Cowboys shirt being arrested. Those are the people I'm talking about. They populate trailer parks and lower income areas all over the Carolinas. They somehow find size XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL Emmitt Smith jerseys and use the star to cover dents on their rust bucket cars.

I can usually coexist with either fanbase..... until I show up to say, Panthers vs. Saints the day after welfare checks go out, and they show up wearing their Romo or Polamalu jerseys. Ummm... go watch your team on tv?

Edited by googoodan, 11 June 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#20 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

nfl-team-logo-map.gif

Looking at proximity, Steeler aren't even the closest teams to Charlotte, so I wonder why all the Steeler fans? I would have assumed bc of proximity it would have been Falcons. I guess that in the year before Panthers, locals jumped onto those two bandwagons since those teams had been pretty successful in those years?

#21 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

nfl-team-logo-map.gif

Looking at proximity, Steeler aren't even the closest teams to Charlotte, so I wonder why all the Steeler fans? I would have assumed bc of proximity it would have been Falcons. I guess that in the year before Panthers, locals jumped onto those two bandwagons since those teams had been pretty successful in those years?

We have more than our fair share of transplants from eastern ohio, western PA and Western NY.

Srsly, they're everywhere.

#22 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

In other news, since Saints are going to do part of their camp it the Greenbrier in WV, it seems the locals are becoming fans and really excited to watch the practices.

Here is link to short video about it. Seems like they are making a state of the art sports treatment center run by the famous Dr. Andrews, so will probably have a Panther players going there for treatment in future.

http://www.neworlean...5c-d55e3f97dd57

#23 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

nfl-team-logo-map.gif

The Steelers are a brand name football team, just like the Cowboys. Fans around here of either of those teams generally haven't set foot in Pennsylvania or Texas. They also root for the Yankees in baseball, the Lakers in the NBA, etc.There aren't many Falcons fans in NC because they were not winners in the 70s, 80s, and 90s when many people were picking their teams to follow. Before the Panthers arrived, most people around here (that didn't pick the Steelers/Cowboys) rooted for the Redskins.

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Sz James gave Big a-hole some pie.

Why don't you two become bffs and then Sz James can move to New Orleans become a Saints fan and take that poor dogs place as Alice's peanut butter licker?

Please?

Well since you brought up the idea, and apparently sit around thinking about one man licking another mans balls, why don't you volunteer?

#25 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

nfl-team-logo-map.gif

lol falcons "fans"
Most of em never heard of the falcons before jamal anderson

#26 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

lol Fat Alice needed a map to tell him that there's an NFL team closer to NC than Pittsburgh.

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Don't wear your panther gear anywhere outside the 704....or you are the guy you yelled at

I will wear my Panther gear wherever the fug I please.

And I will yell at any Cowboy douche bag I please.

Just because some fat fug suffering tryptophan poisoining has decided he likes Tony fuging Romo doesn't mean I have to put up with that shyt.

#28 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

I wear it all the time and rarely even get a comment. The majority of Cowboy's fans down here are pretty humble lately.

#29 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I wear it all the time and rarely even get a comment. The majority of Cowboy's fans down here are pretty humble lately.

redskins and cowboy fans tried to perk up when the girls made their 1st playoff appearance in 20 years and teh skins thought they had someone capable of playing QB in washington... 

since both have since been shat all over they seem more even keel lately....

#30 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

fortunately, the Skins and Boieeez have two of the worst owners in the league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com