Osama is dead and Al Q is on the run

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Apparently we are going to have a gasoline glut soon. Also we could become a net exporter of oil in just a few years thanks to better fuel efficiency and changing driving habits.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#62 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Apparently we are going to have a gasoline glut soon. Also we could become a net exporter of oil in just a few years thanks to better fuel efficiency and changing driving habits.

Or, we could try like hell to lower the price of gasoline in the US, as that is a back breaker for the middle and lower middle class.

#63 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Compared to the rest of the first world, gas here is generally a bargain.

#64 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Or, we could try like hell to lower the price of gasoline in the US, as that is a back breaker for the middle and lower middle class.

As CWG said, its already lower here than in most places.  Although I do wonder how we would compare to countries that are net exporters?

Fwiw, even more fuel efficient vehicles would do more than anything, although new refineries that could manufacture gas more efficiently might help as well.  But I don't think that will happen.

#65 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Obama poll numbers tanking, no telling what might be on our agenda.

#66 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Obama poll numbers tanking, no telling what might be on our agenda.

The president's poll numbers don't really matter that much since he can never run for President again. 

The numbers may or may not have an impact on midterm elections this fall, but the republicans are likely to gain seats regardless of what the presidents numbers are.  Senate shift might happen regardless unless the republican candidate start saying stupid things like a few of them did in 2012. 

The real question is about the 2016 election.  Will all the youth and minority voters that came out in large numbers when Obama was running be disillusioned and stay at home, or will they support Hillary or whomever the Democratic candidate is in similar numbers?

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 18 June 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#67 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

As CWG said, its already lower here than in most places.  Although I do wonder how we would compare to countries that are net exporters?

Fwiw, even more fuel efficient vehicles would do more than anything, although new refineries that could manufacture gas more efficiently might help as well.  But I don't think that will happen.

I understand that we have lower than the rest, but that, to me sounds just like when people say we don't get taxed as much as other countries.  Don't really care.

More fuel efficient cars would help a lot, but I don't think that will help the poor/lower middle class who can't afford new cars.  I would love to see some new refineries, but of course that would take a miracle.

#68 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

The president's poll numbers don't really matter that much since he can never run for President again. 

The numbers may or may not have an impact on midterm elections this fall, but the republicans are likely to gain seats regardless of what the presidents numbers are.  Senate shift might happen regardless unless the republican candidate start saying stupid things like a few of them did in 2012. 

The real question is about the 2016 election.  Will all the youth and minority voters that came out in large numbers when Obama was running be disillusioned and stay at home, or will they support Hillary or whomever the Democratic candidate is in similar numbers?

I disagree somewhat as the presidents poll numbers will directly effect the 2014 elections.

I think I read today that he was going to have a joint meeting with Dem and Repub leaders on what to do in Iraq.  Normally, the president does what he wants no matter what the law says, much less Repubs.  So, to have them brought in, to get buy in, either means his fellow Dems are terrified of the fall elections because of his numbers, or that he wants to get blame passed equally to all in DC for whatever might be up.

His numbers keep going down, Dems will not show up this fall. 

#69 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Stirs you are in awesome polling expert

If you did Fox News polls

#70 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Stirs you are in awesome polling expert

If you did Fox News polls

Always here for you CWG

So you are thinking the presidents' tanking numbers help Dems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users