Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big Four?!?!

60 posts in this topic

Posted

The no tax thing in Florida helps out (Texas as well).

This rumor has been out for probably a year now. Simmons and Jalen talked about it once upon a time I know, so not sure why it's just now getting out. It's still doubtful IMO...but if Carmelo leaves NY, it's for Miami or Chicago with the Heat being the favorite. 

Posted

Don't expect this to happen, at least not in Miami. Plus, no money for all four.

Posted

Hard cap won't fix it all. They are already taking pay cuts to play together.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

They would have to play for scraps if it was a hard cap. The cap is set at $64 million (I believe). Those four would have to agree to play for $12 million a year.

With a hard cap you are forced to stay away from that number. So even though it looks like they would have a bunch of room, realistically you want to stay at least $4 million away from the salary cup number.

You can't fit sign eight players for $12 million dollars.

There's a reason you don't see this type of stuff happen in the NHL and NFL.

Posted

If was, James and Bosh opt out and take pay cuts to around 13-14 million then it will work the way it has been the last few years.

They would actually be in a similar spot. Roughly 60 million tied up in 4 players compared to just three making 60 million.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

Exactly, people don't want to think it will work but it certainly would.

With a soft cap they can go over as long as they aren't in the luxury tax which is like $78 million or something.

Posted

I don't think Silver can stop it but could he frown upon it and make it difficult for them to win? He's already shown he can be a real prick when pissed off.

Posted

I think Carmelo would destroy their chemistry. I don't see them getting along. I see them falling apart with him

Posted

I think Carmelo would destroy their chemistry. I don't see them getting along. I see them falling apart with him

One could only hope.

Posted

The NBA needs to switch to a hard cap.

There is your answer. Along with every other sport. NFL does great job with it making it feel like every team has a chance every yr. 

Posted

There is your answer. Along with every other sport. NFL does great job with it making it feel like every team has a chance every yr. 

It's never going to work in the NBA, the players have too much control over the league because of World Wide Wes. 

Posted

It's never going to work in the NBA, the players have too much control over the league because of World Wide Wes.

That dude is a douchebag.

How UK hasn't been investigated yet because of that dude, I don't know.

Posted

Carmelo would in no way destroy their chemistry unless there was a huge falling out.

Remember the Olympics? Carmelo was zeroed in and was the leading scorer in multiple games. Why? Lebron was setting up plays for him. Wade has accepted his Robin role and knows he's old/breaking down physically. Bosh will continue being Bosh. They're all friends and know the benefits of playing together. They could all make roughly 4 million less (again, this is taxes on a contract in most states they haven't had to pay in Miami), bring in Melo, and run poo for a couple more years in the laughable Eastern Conference. It works, and sadly it works out well for all involved unless egos come into play.