Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The bright side

29 posts in this topic

Posted

TL;DR version:

fug yeah, suck it Alice.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

5 people like this

Posted

A well written post, 1. No mention of past wide receivers, 2. An honest showing about Shula's upside/efficiency and not just the numbers, 3. Positive breakdown of things we hope to see this upcoming season, 4.

Probably one of the best posts I've seen in a while. Glad to see some optimism on this board. Here's to back-to-back winning seasons.

5 people like this

Posted

I can get with most of it.

Of course the part that I take issue with is Shula.  Perhaps it's not all his fault, but the offense took a step back with Shula---plain and simple.

Sorry, man. All of this his offensive philosophy complements our defensive philosophy is just drivel in my eyes.  It's a way to rationalize a mediocre offense. No reason to be a Shula apologist. It is what it is. Hopefully our new consultant, as well as our new receiving corps will help Shula to raise his game.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm gonna have to agree with top dawg on this one with a lethal defense I believe u should take the chains out of the offense and be more aggressive...I'm not saying be stupid by no means but don't be afraid to push the ball every once in a while deep throws are cams forte so give him the opportunity, just my POV...

1 person likes this

Posted

If Amini is the guy Hurney* thought he is, our interior should be above average.

fify

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice post. I agree with all of it. I'm really excited for this year. Also I tend to forget Star and Short were rookies last year. They're going to be so much more comfortable this year.

I still can't figure out why the Giants let Gettleman go. Anyone got any insight?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I'm gonna have to agree with top dawg on this one with a lethal defense I believe u should take the chains out of the offense and be more aggressive...I'm not saying be stupid by no means but don't be afraid to push the ball every once in a while deep throws are cams forte so give him the opportunity, just my POV...

You guys are acting like we had a Megatron we didn't utilize. Cam's got a strong arm but his deep ball accuracy wasn't stellar last year and when it was, Ginn always wore gloves that had been dipped in Vagisil. Again...you guys that don't recognize the impact an efficient offense has on a defense obviously forgot what 2010 and 2011 were like. Yeah, Shula was a bit too conservative with the play calling at times, but he was working with a garbage OL and WR corps.

2 people like this

Posted

Good stuff, but I too am unsold on Shula. But I wouldn't dump him after 1 year either. I

Posted

You guys are acting like we had a Megatron we didn't utilize. Cam's got a strong arm but his deep ball accuracy wasn't stellar last year and when it was, Ginn always wore gloves that had been dipped in Vagisil. Again...you guys that don't recognize the impact an efficient offense has on a defense obviously forgot what 2010 and 2011 were like. Yeah, Shula was a bit too conservative with the play calling at times, but he was working with a garbage OL and WR corps.

No one has forgot about 2010 and 2011 was like and it seems to me as if you forgot our defense wasn't too 5 in the league this years either we were giving up 4 tds a game so we pressed more...now that we have a top notch d it doesn't really hurt to take shots becuz you know your d will have your back, making suggestions not downing the team or Shula so don't get your panties in a wad...we jus were a little to predictable, when it came down to it everyone knew what we were doing, only on rare occasions did Shula Actually change it up a bit...I think that's what bit us in the ass int San Fran game their d knew we were going up the gut when a simple play action might of worked...jus wanna see more out of them on first and second down so the o doesn't have to works so hard on third and 4th...love the philosophy but don't like the implementation, if it wasn't Ron getting aggressive Shula would have sit back and handed some of those wins back

Posted

No one has forgot about 2010 and 2011 was like and it seems to me as if you forgot our defense wasn't too 5 in the league this years either we were giving up 4 tds a game so we pressed more...now that we have a top notch d it doesn't really hurt to take shots becuz you know your d will have your back, making suggestions not downing the team or Shula so don't get your panties in a wad...we jus were a little to predictable, when it came down to it everyone knew what we were doing, only on rare occasions did Shula Actually change it up a bit...I think that's what bit us in the ass int San Fran game their d knew we were going up the gut when a simple play action might of worked...jus wanna see more out of them on first and second down so the o doesn't have to works so hard on third and 4th...love the philosophy but don't like the implementation, if it wasn't Ron getting aggressive Shula would have sit back and handed some of those wins back

Sentences exist.  This is a difficult post to process.

I don't think the predictability of our offense is any different than what Seattle or San Fran runs.  The biggest difference between us and those guys is having receivers who make big plays and having better offensive linemen.

We (like most of the NFL) don't have the firepower to run an offense like New England, Denver or New Orleans.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well thought out post. I gotta go with Top Dawg too.

As many of you may remember I was a big time supporter of Shula.  I thought he would restore our running game and keep parts the parts of Chudz offense that we used so successfully in 2011 and 12.  That didn't happen.  12-4 is the only reason he is still here but you can put most of that on Cam and not Shula.

There was a reason they brought in Ramsdell.   They think Shula needs help and he does.  Don't be surprised that if our offense flutters out the gate that they fire Shula and make Ramsdell the OC.

One thing I will give Shula some credit on is the oline was a mess last year. Hopefully we get a couple of guys to stand up to fill those OT spots and with Amini and Turner in the interior Shula won't have an excuse.

Once again Great post.  The other areas were spot on if you ask me.

2 people like this