#31 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Clifford already said McBuckets is a SF for sure

I highly doubt we draft him if that is the case. I saw a post combine workout where Doug seemed adamant that he has to play PF.

#32 WOW!!

WOW!!

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

I can't wait to see this.

#33 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

This is why workouts are so great. I would like to see how Doug plays with someone like MKG guarding him.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#34 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Which he's too slow to play in the NBA, so if Clifford is as smart as everyone thinks he is, then that must mean he doesn't actually believe McDermott is worth drafting at #9.

#35 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

we absolutely need to fix our starting SG problem.

LANCE

#36 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

It's extremely disappointing to read posts from people disparaging McDermott because he's white on the Huddle of all places. Different sport, different guy, but did people learn nothing after so many people were calling Cam the next Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young?

I'm hoping Cho pulls a trade-up out of his ass, but if we hold tight, I'm pro-McDermott.

#37 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

I should clarify: I don't know if McDermott is my #1 choice for who we would take, but I'm not going to make a fuss about it if we do take him.

#38 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

I don't think we should draft McDermott but if we do I will accept it and hope he turns out to be a great player.

#39 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

History says tweeners fail 80% of the time in the NBA or produce at a bench level player.

Get true size at their natural positions... McD is too small to play his natural PF position. His post game is under the basket flip shots that will meet his face in the NBA.

Plenty of size in this draft and shooters at natural positions to pass on MCD.

History also says that guys who average 23+ ppg and shoot 53%+ from the field and 45%+ from 3 and 80%+ from free throw have great NBA careers and 80% of the time become all stars at some point.

Only guy I could find that didn't become an all star was Bo Kimble.

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

Despite my constant pimping of McD right now I am leaning toward Stauskas as my first choice at #9.

#41 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

It's extremely disappointing to read posts from people disparaging McDermott because he's white on the Huddle of all places. Different sport, different guy, but did people learn nothing after so many people were calling Cam the next Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young?

I'm hoping Cho pulls a trade-up out of his ass, but if we hold tight, I'm pro-McDermott.

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

#42 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

History also says that guys who average 23+ ppg and shoot 53%+ from the field and 45%+ from 3 and 80%+ from free throw have great NBA careers and 80% of the time become all stars at some point.

Only guy I could find that didn't become an all star was Bo Kimble.

No it doesn't. 

#43 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,893 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

And yet, many of the same people who you think are "disparaging McSlowfoot because he's white" would be perfectly fine with the Hornets picking up Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons in free agency, both of whom are "white."

McDermott is too weak to play PF and too slow to play SF. That's why no one wants his sorry behind. No one except people who don't have a clue cares what he did in college against players who, for more than 90% of them, won't even be playing in the NBA.

LOL

#44 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,893 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Some people REALLY dont want McD

#45 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,420 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

No it doesn't.

Find me some wing players that meet all those criteria and didn't produce in the NBA.

23ppg+ 53% fg+ 45% 3fg+ 80% ft+

Edited by teeray, 15 June 2014 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users