Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecu88

GMO

139 posts in this topic

Yes

Wheat was thousands of years ago.

Well then no wonder that stuff is bad for you

Is hybridization the same as what Monsanto started doing in the 80's with the modification of cells?

No

But it's all on a spectrum of genetic intervention.  Almost no food falls in the "Zero intervention" category.

My question to you is, if one insists black-and-white "GMO" vs "Non-GMO" labeling, where does one draw the line?

2 people like this

No

But it's all on a spectrum of genetic intervention.  Almost no food falls in the "Zero intervention" category.

My question to you is, if one insists black-and-white "GMO" vs "Non-GMO" labeling, where does one draw the line?

When they start tinkering with the cells like Monsanto is doing is where you draw the line.

The anti GMO people need to become more informed and more specific because I think their concerns are important. It's an important conversation to have but it needs to be an intellectual one. Not all GMOs are bad and not all things natural are good. 

2 people like this

Bees love GMO products to death

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Bees love GMO products to death

Literally!

Great documentary right here on the dire bee situation

The anti GMO people need to become more informed and more specific because I think their concerns are important. It's an important conversation to have but it needs to be an intellectual one. Not all GMOs are bad and not all things natural are good. 

Agreed. Fruits are iffy for the most part, too much sugar. Wheat and grains are no bueno either. But vegetables on the other hand, those are our lifeline.

Agreed. Fruits are iffy for the most part, too much sugar. Wheat and grains are no bueno either. But vegetables on the other hand, those are our lifeline.

Technically there is no such thing as vegetables. Don't worry, scientists will invent a pill with Alice in Wonderland like wording saying eat me which will fill us up in the future.