• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#31 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

I firmly believe that the bees are non compliant to government regulation so they should adapt or die.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Anti-GMO campaigns are proof that scientific illiteracy knows no party.

#33 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Anti-GMO campaigns are proof that scientific illiteracy knows no party.

You can't be serious. Are you actually trying to defend Monsanto and GMO's? Talk about scientific illiteracy.

Edited by venom, 16 June 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Does Monsato do shady poo? Of course, all large corporations do. Do they need to be closely watched and regulated? Of course.

Are GMO's some kind of inherent evil that cannot exist? Don't be stupid. We've been genetically manipulating foods for thousands of years.

#35 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Centuries? You sure about that?

Yes.

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

You can't be serious. Are you actually trying to defend Monsanto and GMO's? Talk about scientific illiteracy.

Are you saying all GMOs are bad?

Edited by Cat, 16 June 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#37 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

When they start tinkering with the cells like Monsanto is doing is where you draw the line.

Now why do you say that?  What, inherently, is wrong with "tinkering with cells" that is not wrong with artificial crossing?

#38 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Pig not fed GMO's versus pig fed GMO's.

GMO-pig-intestines-inflammation.jpg

Careful what you quote.  If that's from that paper posted in the minor Australian journal (looks like it is, anyway), there's all kinds of problems with the study.  One of the biggest ones is that the authors refused to show any of the pictures from the pig intestines from non-GMO pigs that were inflamed (69 out of 73!).  In fact, stomach inflammation was more common in non-GMO fed pigs (69 vs 64).  Indeed, twice as many GMO-fed pigs had no inflammation as those with any (8v4).  It seems almost like these pigs were kept in poor conditions because >80% of all pigs had some kind of stomach erosion in both groups.  Not to mention the fact the authors didn't report conflict of interest when it is clearly present, a HUGE HUGE problem.

edit: this blog post(http://weedcontrolfr...013/06/gmo-pig/), and comments (see the logistic regression), suggest what I suspected: the authors went data mining and ignored something quite obvious from the raw numbers: there was no different between GMO-fed and non-GMO fed pigs in terms of presence of stomach inflamation.  This blog post basically discusses the conflict of interest issues etc http://www.marklynas...e-junk-science/

Edited by mav1234, 16 June 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#39 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Are you saying all GMOs are bad?

For the vast majority of them, yes. What Monsanto is doing is criminal and the epitome of bad. That is why their practices are continuously being banned all across the world. They're screwing up the natural balance of things. The livestock we eat are perpetually sick because we are force feeding it of them; bees are slowly going extinct because of them; animals in nature won't even touch the food that is derived from them, i.e. corn; and people are also perpetually getting sick and developing cancer because of them.

#40 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

8be.jpg

#41 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

8be.jpg

You wont be laughing when they go extinct and we will subsequently die because of it.

#42 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Well we don't even need those bees anymore since Elenin shocked the Earth into a greater level of existence anyways

#43 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,909 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well we don't even need those bees anymore since Elenin shocked the Earth into a greater level of existence anyways

All these types of comments show me is that you find my opinion valid, and since you have no legitimate comeback, you are forced to resort to picking fun. You should've been a politician.

#44 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

All these types of comments show me is that you find my opinion valid, and since you have no legitimate comeback, you are forced to resort to picking fun. You should've been a politician.

I heard lobbying pays more.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#45 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

All your OPs and comments show me is that you're probably a guy who walks barefoot everywhere and took way too much acid in his 20s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com