Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesomeness!!

Obama's student loan program.

123 posts in this topic

I don't think the payment reduction is for everyone, but overall this is a good move.

My wife's student debt has been crushing. Partially because we put it in deferment while she was in grad school and it accrued 7% interest the whole time. Whoops.

Next let's try to drop the hammer on schools' tuition hikes, thx

Sent from my iPhone while admiring feet using CarolinaHuddle

Well with the Nick Sabans commanding insane salaries and inflating the market for salaries in he next three-five years major schools with athletic programs will still have tuition costs that will sprial out of control.

Capitalism depends almost entirely on people that think working as much and hard as possible is good for them because they can buy stuff they don't need and brag about how hard they work on message boards. If you really love something you would do it for free, and that's fine. If you are doing it because society will look down on you if you didn't you're an idiot and ultimately part of the problem. Thread/

What is your definition of success? Its dif for everyone.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Well with the Nick Sabans commanding insane salaries and inflating the market for salaries in he next three-five years major schools with athletic programs will still have tuition costs that will sprial out of control.

My first reaction was that many coaches are paid mostly with athletics department revenue and not public funds.  But I looked it up and Nick Saban's on-the-books salary is 4.1 mil.

So yeah, the kids and the state of alabama really are getting screwed over on that one.

1 person likes this

You can't be this fuging stupid.

Not really but sadly you are.

How many years do you want to be in school before you let go of your collegiate blanky and get out into the real world where google and cutting and pasting cant help you hide anymore and you have to produce and interact with people unlike yourself and meet intense deadlines?

And good luck on using the verbal scorched earth act with people.

3 people like this

What has been handed to me? Cite your sources.

Capitalism depends almost entirely on people that think working as much and hard as possible is good for them because they can buy stuff they don't need and brag about how hard they work on message boards. If you really love something you would do it for free, and that's fine. If you are doing it because society will look down on you if you didn't you're an idiot and ultimately part of the problem. Thread/

there you go.   you provided it for me.   you'd rather have things handed to you than work for them because you're so damn precious.

The main reason I still post here is because I enjoy listening to people with GEDs (and business degrees, the college equivalent to the GED) attempt to make sense of a world that kicks the poo out of them on a regular basis.

"What, you don't want to shovel poo for 8 hours a day? Well aren't you a precious snowflake! Move over, I'll take care of that pile of poo. No need to hand me a shovel though; I'd rather use my mouth."

oh here's another person that's never worked for anything in their life

1 person likes this

So do people not agree with the 10% idea?  This thread has went a bit haywire lol.   I don't know how anyone would be against it, as a choice, like someone said it would good for some people, not for others.   It will just mean more money going into the tax base and allow people to get more loans which would help the economy.  

I would like to take it further and say that if a person graduates, gets a job in a field that relates to their degree, and contributes to taxes via a job for 7-10 years the Gov should pick up the tab or help substantially with the repayment.   This would allow more tax revenue and allow people to get loans for new homes/cars, AND help pay for their childrens' education and things like that.   Of course this would require clamping down on the crazy prices of colleges and the increases yearly they add.   I'm not sure how that would hurt anyone's feelings, just show that hard work pays off and those that busted tail in school and then work for a decade don't feel as swamped.

There is a whole other issue going on too like others have said, with low wages and hardly any increases in those while everything else from food, gas, tuition, rent are increasing around us.  Things need to change on that front.

This bill is totally fine by me, depending on how much real money it will cost the government.

That said, if the government would get out of the school loan program, this wouldn't be nearly the problem.

As for the "education should be free" people......if there is one lesson that you need to learn, it's "ain't nothin free son".

So do people not agree with the 10% idea? This thread has went a bit haywire lol. I don't know how anyone would be against it, as a choice, like someone said it would good for some people, not for others. It will just mean more money going into the tax base and allow people to get more loans which would help the economy.

I would like to take it further and say that if a person graduates, gets a job in a field that relates to their degree, and contributes to taxes via a job for 7-10 years the Gov should pick up the tab or help substantially with the repayment. This would allow more tax revenue and allow people to get loans for new homes/cars, AND help pay for their childrens' education and things like that. Of course this would require clamping down on the crazy prices of colleges and the increases yearly they add. I'm not sure how that would hurt anyone's feelings, just show that hard work pays off and those that busted tail in school and then work for a decade don't feel as swamped.

There is a whole other issue going on too like others have said, with low wages and hardly any increases in those while everything else from food, gas, tuition, rent are increasing around us. Things need to change on that front.

The 10% isnt bad. I prefer refi to keep it stable and incentivizes the person.

Put the onus on companies as the govt (you and me et al) are already footing this bill and a host of others.

Do you know that Apple is sitting on a Trillion or close to in CASH?? Trillion.

Couldnt that pay for some schooling? Not for the whole country but man put that money to work in human capital.

The wrong people keep paying for the wrong things.

oh here's another person that's never worked for anything in their life

Just stop it