Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm pulling for Mexico

41 posts in this topic

Posted

lol?

Join us in the 21st century.

Ironic, this is coming from the fanbase that keeps 2-0 close to their hearts.

Posted

Which 2-0 result are you referring to? There are so many.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

Too easy. :lol:

Posted

If only Panther fans could get up like international soccer fans ... or Portland Timber and Seattle Sounders fans.

Posted

I'm talking about goals. Not starts. Hernandez (who is the most overhyped striker Mexico has produced in decades) got there faster than your coveted Dempsey.

You didn't even get the player right. I wasn't talking about Dempsey.

2 people like this

Posted

lol?

Join us in the 21st century.

Ironic, this is coming from the fanbase that keeps 2-0 close to their hearts.

Oct 25, 2000 United States Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California, Friendly, United States 2–0
Feb 28, 2001 United States Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio, 2002 FIFA World Cup qualifier, United States 2–0
Jun 17, 2002 South Korea Jeonju World Cup Stadium, Jeonju, South Korea, 2002 FIFA World Cup Round Of 16, United States 2–0
Sep 3, 2005 United States Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio, 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifier United States 2–0
Feb 7, 2007 United States University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona, Friendly United States 2–0
Feb 11, 2009 United States Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio, 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier United States 2–0
Sep 10, 2013 United States Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio, 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier United States 2–0
5 people like this

Posted

Jeremy... Are you sure you're ready to root for a team that will make you go high as mount everest, then, in a split second, drop you down to the depths of the bottom of the ocean, in the same game?!

Oh wait you're a panthers fan. Never mind. You are ready. 

Brazil on Tuesday. I am ready for Mexico to shock the world. Brazil got a lot of help form the Refs in their opener. Cameroon did too but it wasn't enough. I'll be working on Tuesday, and rumor has it that Bose will stop production just so the workers can see the game. If that's true. OMG, that would be awesome. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't have to go to a "soccer bar" during the WC to have a great experience. There will be a ton of places hyped up for the games...especially the USMNT game.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted

When I was in High School, College, and shortly after college (before I got fat and old), I would go down to the local park and play pickup games. The majority of the players were from Mexico but there were guys from Honduras, Brazil, El Salvador, and Columbia. But for the most part they were good people. They loved their sports. The wives would walk the babies around the park and the men would play Futbol. Some guys didn't have Soccer Cleats so they played in work boots and jean shorts. Can you imagine an American doing that? An American would keep their clothes clean and watch TV.

But the point is most of these guys are people you would love to be friends with. They want to work and take care of their families. I was invited to church and cook outs. There are lots of people that get caught up in immigration and jobs and forget they are talking about people. In 2002 the USA played Mexico in the world cup and team USA won 2-0. I thought there might be tension or trash talk leading up and following the game but most of the guys were proud of team USA. They were proud to live and work in the United States. So that changed my view on things. I see them as our brothers to the South. There is no animosity towards our brothers to the North, why should there be with Mexico?

I see it as a friendly rivalry, not an angry one. I try to root against them but I see their fans, I heard the emotion of the commentators and it's charming.

1 person likes this

Posted

Get ready Zod. Wear something green. 

Posted

I don't know if I can bring myself to cheer for Mexico. I'd like to see them do well, but only if they finish worst than us. One of those kind of things.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

I have spent one month in Mexico a month after the WC in Mexico so long time ago, i loved the country i loved the peoples so

GO MEXICO !

Posted

La Unica is a nice spot. they got kicked out of the strip mall by whole foods and have a new spot. They are full on a weekday at 4:00 sometimes