Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sitting by lake Ponchartrain in enemy territory

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Many things are poorly built in NOLA. For example the Saints QB or the nba team

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I didn't realize Drew was built poorly. I know he's a bit small but it hasn't affected him much on the football field, but maybe you're correct.

The Pelicans? They had a pretty poor year injury wise. Seems like everyone missed time at some point. Anderson and Holliday missed the majority of the season. They've got plenty of talent though and hopefully rebound this coming season. I'm hoping you aren't a Bobcats fan claiming the Pelicans are built poorly lol.

Posted

Worst part is.....I have to hire a staff of Saints/LSU fans to do a job correctly! Big challenges await

god help you if you need consistent electrical power

1 person likes this

Posted

My wife's family lives in Naw'lins so we come twice a year. First off, the worst drivers I have ever seen and I have lived in both NY and Fla. I-10 is constant grid lock and accidents every mile or so....total cluster "F". Think another SB here would be laughable unless you repelled from a helicopter onto the Super Dome.Went to the French qtr for some food (which is great) and with the drunks,trannies, and freaks,it was pretty entertaining.Asheville has nothing on this place when we are talking bizarre people(to each his own...that's why I love Asheville).Saints flags every where and Brees's mug every where..even overheard tour guides saying "drew eats here and likes this restaurant" etc.Have my Panthers plate on my vehicle and love the stink eye's I get.Reporting from the huddle's favorite city and getting ready to fight my way out...the lone Panther fan here in town.

Never been to the big swamp below sea level, but my wife was born and raised in Asheville.  The whole family migrated to Raleigh though...

It's a decent place to visit, with a magnificent landscape, and probably a great place to live for most.

Posted

I didn't realize Drew was built poorly. I know he's a bit small but it hasn't affected him much on the football field, but maybe you're correct.

it's not that he's built poorly it's just we didn't know they stacked poo that high

1 person likes this

Posted

New Orleans is essentially a fourth world Country. 

Posted

it's not that he's built poorly it's just we didn't know they stacked poo that high

Nice one...

Posted

Try not to breath through your nose.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

moar like lake pondshartstain

Posted

DO NOT wear sandals out in the quarter. Horrible, horrible diseases await you.

Enjoy NOLA though. All saints hate aside it really is a unique city. Just don't go outside downtown or to Metarie.l

Also fire ants

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

51083459.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

went back in March for business, stayed at the Hilton Riverside down near the Quarter... Food was unfreakinbelievable and the women were good lookin, (not sure if they were locals or tourists though). The French Quarter is overrated imo. Personally, I left kind of feeling a little icky. Not to mention it sucked seeing so many bums with dogs. If you can't feed yourself, how you going to feed a dog that is completely dependent on your own well-being?

Bar man at the hotel was cool and insightful. He'd lived there for 45 years and swears that Katrina was a "cleansing", both spiritually and socially for the city. He likened it to nature's way of pruning.

Overall was a pretty fun trip, but nothing could deter my hatred for the Saints.

2 people like this

Posted

The only thing French in this area must be the name and it look like a tourists trap even from 4800 miles away..