Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Icege

NFL.com's World Cup-NFL team comparisons

toldozer    2,375

So the redskins and seahawks are going to get their asses waxed and struggle to make the playoffs? I like it

Actually, I believe it's a pretty apt comparison. Lots of things have to go right for us this year to have a good record. Cam has a gel with the wide receivers, we need a decent running game, our defense is a play at least as well as last year. Still many questions need to be answered but I'm still really excited for how it plays out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

SOJA    5,409

meh pretty much all of these are a stretch I'd actually say the Saints are most like Brazil. Flashy lots of points, play really well at home 

rayzor    10,672

i don't know anything about any of those soccer teams, but until this WR corps and OL prove that they are something good, they deserve every bit of scrutiny they get. this WR corps is a patchwork group of players. none of them were here last year. we started over from scratch and picked up average joes and drafted a guy who could be special. the interior of the OL has kalil...who is a stud and one of the top 3 centers in the league...and nothing but a lot of question marks. nobody is proven except for maybe bell who has proven to be a bad RT.

this offense also finished near or at last in a lot of the categories that people tend to go by when ranking offenses. it doesn't matter that we were efficient or that it was our scheme. the offense last year had WRs that dropped the ball a lot and and had depended almost completely on a shut down defense for wins. you may not agree with that assessment, but it's one that most people from the outside have and it's completely valid and understandable why they would think so.

from what i hear, the US team has a lot to prove from it's young guys. there seems to be a lot of talent and potential there, but they still have room to grow and a lot to prove. i don't see how you can look at the panthers objectively and not see that they are very much in the same boat.