Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

Wow, that's how low they view us? Ouch!

If anything, we're France (Varane/Keek, Pogba/Cam).

#3 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

We are still viewed as underdogs. I love it.

#4 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

America. fug yeah

#5 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

So the redskins and seahawks are going to get their asses waxed and struggle to make the playoffs? I like it

#6 andrew67

andrew67

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Actually, I believe it's a pretty apt comparison. Lots of things have to go right for us this year to have a good record. Cam has a gel with the wide receivers, we need a decent running game, our defense is a play at least as well as last year. Still many questions need to be answered but I'm still really excited for how it plays out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#7 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

I don't. The US-Carolina comparison is a shot at our talent in my opinion. Kuechly is the reigning DPOY and he's behind one of the most dominate DLs in the entire the NFL. America's backline, on the other hand, is 'untested' and 'unproven' at best. The arthur based this comparison on our lack of talent at WR and that was lazy. The worst comparison from this however is Cam/Bradley. Watch Pogba in this World Cup and tell me you don't see Cam's athleticism and physicality.

#8 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

meh pretty much all of these are a stretch I'd actually say the Saints are most like Brazil. Flashy lots of points, play really well at home 

#9 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,694 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

nice of them to highlight the greatest uniform in NFL history in that article.

#10 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

This is just dumb.

#11 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,877 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   24.97K   30 downloads

#12 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

Let's do this with NASCAR drivers or women's tennis. It would be just as silly.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

i don't know anything about any of those soccer teams, but until this WR corps and OL prove that they are something good, they deserve every bit of scrutiny they get. this WR corps is a patchwork group of players. none of them were here last year. we started over from scratch and picked up average joes and drafted a guy who could be special. the interior of the OL has kalil...who is a stud and one of the top 3 centers in the league...and nothing but a lot of question marks. nobody is proven except for maybe bell who has proven to be a bad RT.

this offense also finished near or at last in a lot of the categories that people tend to go by when ranking offenses. it doesn't matter that we were efficient or that it was our scheme. the offense last year had WRs that dropped the ball a lot and and had depended almost completely on a shut down defense for wins. you may not agree with that assessment, but it's one that most people from the outside have and it's completely valid and understandable why they would think so.

from what i hear, the US team has a lot to prove from it's young guys. there seems to be a lot of talent and potential there, but they still have room to grow and a lot to prove. i don't see how you can look at the panthers objectively and not see that they are very much in the same boat.

#14 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Wow, an NFL.com article I literally agree with 100%. Almost entirely sure this has never happened.

#15 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I don't. The US-Carolina comparison is a shot at our talent in my opinion. Kuechly is the reigning DPOY and he's behind one of the most dominate DLs in the entire the NFL. America's backline, on the other hand, is 'untested' and 'unproven' at best. The arthur based this comparison on our lack of talent at WR and that was lazy. The worst comparison from this however is Cam/Bradley. Watch Pogba in this World Cup and tell me you don't see Cam's athleticism and physicality.

Bradley is a below average talent at best. It's clear the Donovan was the motor behind this team in the last World Cup and I highly doubt there is anyone capable of replacing him this time around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.