Photo
- - - - -

Obamacare--25% possibly cheating. Surprised?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Before I get to the thread, I have to say something.  First, I'm more independent, but some of your comments make no sense.   You say democrats are uneducated, yet the majority of republican voters are in the "red states" which are vastly WAY more uneducated than the blue states.  This is factual and just requires a google search.  You also say they are lazy, but once again the group of people that use up the most government funding and welfare are once again, the red states.  This is why it is always VERY ironic when poor/uneducated people in the red states vote for a party that pretty much hates them and/or thinks they are just lazy leeches.   Third, and this actually relates to the thread itself, you bring up "gaming the system" but I'm pretty sure white collar crime/fraud and tax evasion from the wealthiest people trump any "Obamacame" or welfare fraud by millions, maybe billions.  Once again, most of those people vote republican.

So really republicans are actually more uneducated, leech more of the system, and most likely cost the Gov more money in fraud than democrats.  There are definitely some people from both parties that match that, but on the whole, it's obvious republicans match your insults more regularly than democrats.

Red states vs blue is irrelevant.  You have to break it down by population, not by state.  If you look at exit polls from the last 20 years or so, Republicans have generally won among those with High School diplomas or 4 year college degrees.  Democrats have won among High School drop outs or those with Masters or Doctorates.  For example, in 2004 Bush got 52% of the vote from those with 4 year degrees.  In 2012, Romney got 51% of 4 year graduates, while he only got 42% of the vote from those with 6 year or greater degrees, and less than 40% of high school dropouts.  In the off year elections, the differences are even more pronounced.  So basically democrats win significantly among the least and most educated, while the republicans win among those that are more in the middle, albeit with closer margins.

And your comments regarding federal funding have been used before, and have been found to be misleading.  The red states tend to get more federal funding in large part because that is where a significant number of federal projects, military bases, national parks etc... are.  For example, I think North Dakota gets the most per capita federal funding, due to military bases, national parks etc...  I guess we could put all those nuclear missiles in New York city though.  :)

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 18 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#47 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Red states vs blue is irrelevant.  You have to break it down by population, not by state.  If you look at exit polls from the last 20 years or so, Republicans have generally won among those with High School diplomas or 4 year college degrees.  Democrats have won among High School drop outs or those with Masters or Doctorates.  For example, in 2004 Bush got 52% of the vote from those with 4 year degrees.  In 2012, Romney got 51% of 4 year graduates, while he only got 42% of the vote from those with 6 year or greater degrees, and less than 40% of high school dropouts.  So basically democrats win significantly among the least and most educated, while the republicans win among those that are more in the middle, albeit with closer margins.

And your comments regarding federal funding have been used before, and have been found to be misleading.  The red states tend to get more federal funding in large part because that is where a significant number of federal projects, military bases, national parks etc... are.  For example, I think North Dakota gets the most per capita federal funding, due to military bases, national parks etc...  I guess we could put all those nuclear missiles in New York city though.  :)

I'm just generalizing like Mathatter does.  And I'm really talking about things like welfare, where people in red states are definitely more poor and are getting more help.  

#48 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,625 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'm just generalizing like Mathatter does.  And I'm really talking about things like welfare, where people in red states are definitely more poor and are getting more help.  

From the numbers I have seen, welfare only is split relatively evenly among red and blue states.  This particular site list case loads, not actual welfare numbers, but the top recipients are fairly evenly split among red and blue, with a couple of districts and territories listed. But if you have something that directly references welfare money spent per capita, I would be interested to see it.

Rank       States      Amount
# 1         District of Columbia:     7.835 per 100 people      
# 2         Guam:     6.397 per 100 people      
# 3         Rhode Island:     3.319 per 100 people      
# 4         Tennessee:     3.026 per 100 people      
# 5         California:     3.005 per 100 people      
# 6         Maine:     2.842 per 100 people      
# 7         Alaska:     2.4 per 100 people      
# 8         West Virginia:     2.283 per 100 people      
# 9         Indiana:     2.241 per 100 people      
# 10         Washington:     2.238 per 100 people      
# 11         New Mexico:     2.23 per 100 people      
# 12         Vermont:     2.044 per 100 people

#49 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

nope

Some of this is correct, and some is not.

If the tax breaks are legal, then that's just the law.  You can't blame companies for taking advantage of that, just like I don't blame you for writing off the interest on your home.  It's the same.

Now, personally, I would prefer no write offs, no loopholes, etc....for both personal and business.

If Starbucks wants to pay for their employees college, and if I had issue with it, I could just not go there.

If the government wants to put up a wall, and fund the NSA to spy on me, and I don't agree with it, I have no choice, I have a gun to my head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com