Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy for Tim Duncan

18 posts in this topic

Posted

It is hard to not like any of the Spurs.

Posted

When I moved to NC Duncan was in his last year at Wake. I bumped into him coming around a corner on campus. I said I'm sorry and said something about his height. One of the nicest guys I've met. I was just some douchebag kid and he took the time to tell me who he was, Google wasn't around yet. I've always been a fan of his.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

And to think he was discovered in the virgin Islands as a swimmer..to GOAT PF at Wake Forest and the NBA.

Crazy how that works.

Posted

Best (Team) I have ever seen play. Not 1, 2 or 3 players the whole team. They were able to go 10 deep on a given night. The scouting department that gets all these players overseas to join them. Making the extra passes & playing the game how its suppose to be played not just iso with 1 or 2 players. Use to hate the Spurs back in the day since they were so boring to watch, but the past few yrs have been fun & great to see. Props to Lebron only one who showed up. I live in San Antonio & last night till this morning was crazy.

Was shown on ESPN 1st Take this morning, Danny Green acknowledge me during commercial break when I yelled Tar Heels & fug MCants. Straight partying, such a blast. Still my true loyalty will always be to the Panther, Tar Heel, & Hornets. Good times though!

Posted

And I can always say that I was there in person when he was drafted by the Spurs #1 overall in 1997. That was when the draft moved around every year and it was in Charlotte that year.

Posted

His kids are awesome! Ex wife a hoe.

I'm blessed to have the opportunity to see Duncan play over the years.