#1 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Somebody fill me in....who is this guy and does he know anything about football or the Panthers? I believe I spelled his name wrong (Kroeger I guess it is) and it appears he was an intern or something in the past. Was it that hard for them to find a guy with some airtime experience or ex-jock to fill the slot? I don't listen to local sports radio untill training camp starts and was hoping they would actually fill the spot with someone worth listening to.

Edited by Jmac, 16 June 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

He's from Charlotte and is an App grad. Not quite sure what else he's done but he did a pretty good job today I thought. But I have no clue what he knows about the panthers. Most of today was spent talking about the Hornets.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

I enjoyed what I heard. Did they get rid of qcb?

#4 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,522 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

He seems to be a Panther fan and a Hornets fan. He's a local guy that cares about the local teams, I'm perfectly fine with that. Better than bringing in some national guy that knows dick and roots for some other squad. I like the new line up. It pretty much ensures that we will have Panther and Hornet talk from 6am -7pm.

#5 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Guess he deserves a shot then...if he is coherent and can actually carry a show on his own....time will tell very shortly if he has a clue about the cats.

#6 Billy Love

Billy Love

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

I listened to it today and thought he did a good job. QCB is still there unfortunately. I would rather have a native charlottean than a someone like marc James telling us how sorry our team, city, stadium and fans are compared to Seattle and Miami.

Edited by Billy Love, 16 June 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,332 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

He was good.

I think the station brass listened to the listeners' opinion and hired the anti-Marc with a C.

Sent from my iPhone while admiring feet using CarolinaHuddle

#8 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

I like what I heard as well.  What I don't like is that on the ESPN radio app they replaced David Glenn's time slot with friggin Marty Hurney in the Charlotte market.

#9 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Good, worth a shot. Anti-Marc with a C is what the doctor ordered. Will take some getting over the sucktitude of that guy.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Great choice.

FNZ finally gets something right.

#11 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Somebody fill me in....who is this guy and does he know anything about football or the Panthers? I believe I spelled his name wrong (Kroeger I guess it is) and it appears he was an intern or something in the past. Was it that hard for them to find a guy with some airtime experience or ex-jock to fill the slot? I don't listen to local sports radio untill training camp starts and was hoping they would actually fill the spot with someone worth listening to.

Pie for starting this thread. Was thinking of doing the same thing once my liver was adequately basted. 

That said I thought he is worth following for a while.  I think he demonstrated pretty good knowledge today and can carry a show.  I like that a lot but I think the other thing I like even more was that he did not spend 4 hours slurping himself (see mark who doesnt deserve the recognition of a c james)

I thought he was engaging and will tune in again.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Now they just need to get rid of QCB, his shtick stopped being funny a few years ago.

#13 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

You guys think Kroeger is a good selection?

Really?

#14 ColAngus

ColAngus

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

How much do they pay these guys?  It can't be that much. They couldn't keep Zarzour, and rest of the on air "talent" lacking, to say the least.

#15 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

You guys think Kroeger is a good selection?

Really?

No idea, but he doesn't have much to live up to. His predecessor was a world class douche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com