Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBS Sports: What can the Hornets do at #9?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

haha! not a fan of zach lavine then?! no doubt the guy is super athletic, but think he could get bullied on defence and might be too light weight for the nba.

lavine's the perfect example of a kid that needed to stay in college for another 2 years - develop a jumpshot and try and put on some weight.

no doubt someone will reach for him - the 76ers spring to mind

Not a big fan! I wish him the best, but I think he is fools gold.

Like cotton candy. Tastes good, but you can't live off of it.

He is the guard version of Ajinca.

Who knows? Maybe Embiid falls to #9? That is a gamble worth taking.

Posted

Unless we trade down and take Tony Buckets I'm starting to warm up to Dougie Mcbuckets

I'm getting more scared at that draft pick as I hear reports of his work outs.

Today on the radio they said he was getting handled by TJ Warren here.

Posted

Of course he was. And TJ Warren will probably be no more than an NBA role player. 

Posted

I'm getting more scared at that draft pick as I hear reports of his work outs.

TJ Warren reportedly has been handling everyone during 3 on 3 no matter who he has been up against.

Posted

To be fair TJ is an insane 1 on 1 player

1 person likes this

Posted

If Embiid is there you have to snag him.

Posted

players do not need to stay in college. 

they either are skilled or should have potential. 

you will develop more when basketball is your full time job with the best coaches going against the best competition compared to college. 

do you think there's any merit at all in high school players going to college if their intention is to enter the NBA then? i can understand the argument for someone like wiggins or parker jumping straight to the nba, but these (in my eyes) are the few elite athletes who also have a refined skill set - and even now i think wiggins will struggle in the first couple of years to cope with the physicality of the game (at least on the defensive end).

would you be more in favour of expanding the development league so that high school players can use it a vehicle to work full time on their game rather than also have to bother academically? 

personally i think its great for players to get at least a couple of years of college basketball before entering the NBA. i think it appeals to me due to its history and think provides players with a little more time to develop physically without being pushed to play through injuries - for instance would tracey mcgrady have had a less injury plagued career if he had had a couple of years at kentucky first? clearly this is hypothetical, but would be interested to see if there correlation between direct high school to nba players and frequent injury issues - sorry,how boring do i sound!!!  

Posted

I would love Smart, but he will not be there.