Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montsta

Should parents of multiple children pay more in taxes instead of less?

146 posts in this topic

I can't imagine paying more than what I do for daycare on anything the kids ever do after entering public school.

$20k+ per year can buy a lot of stuff.

Well the thought is incomes will hopefully be increasing over that time as well so it would essentially free up $3k a month after the theoretical 2 kids.

Or I am buying an aston martin :)

I thought the same thing.....income did increase exponentially.  My kids just cost me more and more than they used to.

Wait until they get into year-round sports.

I am forking over about $20k a year just for my three kids to swim on a competetive year-round team.  Coaching fees, travel every month, equipment, etc.  Oldest is pretty damn good and qualifies for state/sectional meets.  His "tech" swim suits are over $300 a pop....and are only good for about 3 meets.

I can't imagine paying more than what I do for daycare on anything the kids ever do after entering public school.

Don't forget that little thing in the future called college tuition.

I thought the same thing.....income did increase exponentially. My kids just cost me more and more than they used to.

I am forking over about $20k a year just for my three kids to swim on a competetive year-round team. Coaching fees, travel every month, equipment, etc. Oldest is pretty damn good and qualifies for state/sectional meets. His "tech" swim suits are over $300 a pop....and are only good for about 3 meets.

Ugh my luck they will want to take up yachting

My thoughts as well.

I thought the same thing.....income did increase exponentially.  My kids just cost me more and more than they used to.

I am forking over about $20k a year just for my three kids to swim on a competetive year-round team.  Coaching fees, travel every month, equipment, etc.  Oldest is pretty damn good and qualifies for state/sectional meets.  His "tech" swim suits are over $300 a pop....and are only good for about 3 meets.

WTF?! 20k on daycare and $20k on swimming. 

edit: My child could cry, scream and beg for me to throw out $2k on an activity and it aint happening. Like you said college tuition comes quick.

don't go throwing common sense into the mix it will throw everything of it's axis.

It's not exactly true though. Older pregnancies still increase the risk (dramatically) for things like downs. We researched it in deciding whether to have a 3rd child.

1 person likes this

WTF?! 20k on daycare and $20k on swimming. 

well

I have 2 daycare-aged kids

It's a little cheaper than it used to be, but at its peak, I was paying $400 per week with a 2nd child "discount"

And I know there are much more expensive daycares out there.

don't go throwing common sense into the mix it will throw everything of it's axis.

lol 

No links yet you believe him.

Everything I've read since his post says he is wrong. Women over 35 have more miscarriages and more birth defects. 

1 person likes this

well

I have 2 daycare-aged kids

It's a little cheaper than it used to be, but at its peak, I was paying $400 per week with a 2nd child "discount"

And I know there are much more expensive daycares out there.

there are :(

1 person likes this