Photo
- - - - -

Should parents of multiple children pay more in taxes instead of less?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#136 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,910 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Have we answered the OP's question?

#137 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

In regards to predetermined outcomes, yeah, it is.  Like boxing was too, when Don King was doing his thing.

No its not.  Good lord, do you really think the NFL powers that be wanted Seattle to be the Superbowl champs.  If the outcome was predetermined, the Broncos would have won the SB.  And the Cowboys, FortyNiners, Redskins, Giants, Packers, Broncos, Jets, Steelers, and one or two others would be SB champs every year.  Small market teams like Seattle would never sniff a Superbowl. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 June 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#138 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

No its not.  Good lord, do you really think the NFL powers that be wanted Seattle to be the Superbowl champs.  If the outcome was predetermined, the Broncos would have won the SB.  And the Cowboys, FortyNiners, Redskins, Giants, Packers, Broncos, Jets, Steelers, and one or two others would be SB champs every year.  Small market teams like Seattle would never sniff a Superbowl. 

Seattle is hardly a small market team.  And it's not always about market, but popularity in that year.  Green Bay for instance?  They were propping Seattle up from the beginning of the year, and Russel Wilson.  It was obvious.  They propped up the Sea vs SF games too, so of course they'd be going against each other in the NFC.  Then of course they wanted offense vs defense as another story line (just like Harbough vs Harbough, last Ray Lewis year, Saints in redemption for Katrina, etc).   I don't think it always works out for them on who they would rather win, but I do think that even one ref pushing it one way or the other can affect the outcome.  Why is there no repercussions for bad refs?  Because the bad ones are just company men.  There is WAY too much money in Vegas and advertising for these things to not happen.  Hence the storylines almost ever year the last decade.  Did you know if the super bowl dips in ratings advertising money has to be given back?  Hence why we almost never have a blowout in the SB anymore.  Did you know the NFL is an entertainment company so it is 100% legal to rig games if they want?  Just like the WWE.   People can say others are crazy, but if you research and look at games and outcomes, it's pretty clear things are going on, it's all about money, and since there is profit sharing on everything, no team is going to rock the boat.  People just cannot admit that one of their obsessions could possibly be predetermined, but you can't just throw it out, the evidence/coincidence is staggering.

#139 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Seattle is hardly a small market team.  And it's not always about market, but popularity in that year.  Green Bay for instance?  They were propping Seattle up from the beginning of the year, and Russel Wilson.  It was obvious.  They propped up the Sea vs SF games too, so of course they'd be going against each other in the NFC.  Then of course they wanted offense vs defense as another story line (just like Harbough vs Harbough, last Ray Lewis year, Saints in redemption for Katrina, etc).   I don't think it always works out for them on who they would rather win, but I do think that even one ref pushing it one way or the other can affect the outcome.  Why is there no repercussions for bad refs?  Because the bad ones are just company men.  There is WAY too much money in Vegas and advertising for these things to not happen.  Hence the storylines almost ever year the last decade.  Did you know if the super bowl dips in ratings advertising money has to be given back?  Hence why we almost never have a blowout in the SB anymore.  Did you know the NFL is an entertainment company so it is 100% legal to rig games if they want?  Just like the WWE.   People can say others are crazy, but if you research and look at games and outcomes, it's pretty clear things are going on, it's all about money, and since there is profit sharing on everything, no team is going to rock the boat.  People just cannot admit that one of their obsessions could possibly be predetermined, but you can't just throw it out, the evidence/coincidence is staggering.

Seattle is not in the top 10 markets.  And prior to this year, they were not a popular team.

There is no way in he!! a rigged NFL would go nearly 20 years since the last Cowgirl superbowl.  Just ain't gonna happen. 

#140 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,536 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

I see that middle school remedial writing and English class is paying off for you.

more comedy just less gold.If you stick with it you may get it.

#141 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Seattle is not in the top 10 markets.  And prior to this year, they were not a popular team.

There is no way in he!! a rigged NFL would go nearly 20 years since the last Cowgirl superbowl.  Just ain't gonna happen. 

GB isn't in the top 10 either, or top 20, yet they are ratings earners.  Seattle is pretty popular now, with Russel Wilson hype and Sherman train, before the season, like I said, they were hyped.  The media has hyped up the "12th man" for like a decade.  This just started really about a decade ago, and Cowboys just wouldn't draw the ratings that a "Saints over Katrina" or "Harbough vs Harbough" would and they still have to win games.  I'm not saying it's completely fixed, what I am saying is, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that a single ref could be leaning one way, and like I said, it may not always work.   From last season it was pretty evident something was going on.  There is no way you would know, just like me, but at least I am keeping an open mind.  There is nothing crazy about a few refs being told to lean a certain way, especially when refs are always kept regardless of calls, and the NFL can legally do it.    They can legally have their workers sign consent forms to not leak out their trade secrets, since it is not illegal for them to fix these games.   So yeah, market doesn't always matter if the story line catches people.  

#142 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

more comedy just less gold.If you stick with it you may get it.

You would stop killing brain cells if you would stop eating paste in your kindergarten class.

Now go sit in timeout and just STFU

#143 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,181 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

I really don't think the NFL is rigged

#144 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

They should pay neither more nor less in my opinion.

#145 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,536 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

You would stop killing brain cells if you would stop eating paste in your kindergarten class.

Now go sit in timeout and just STFU

actually that is incorrect also no data on kindegarten paste killing brain cells just your turrets kicking in again. you are the model of consistency. how does it feel to be a cliche? 

#146 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,536 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

I really don't think the NFL is rigged

for the most part but I swear something was up with Delhomme against Chicago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com