yea but we dont get to make up their nicknames

#17 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Boys....just imagine if he DOES pan out and is a hell of a pass catcher with bodies on him. Think about our redzone personnel.

Brandon Williams, Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, Tolbert, Stew.

Tell me we're not scoring. I dare you.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I really think Cam's stable of weapons is going to be impressive. Williams has huge potential and I think we will see good things from him. The more the media talks about how crappy our receivers are, the better they will respond. They aren't flashy, but I would much rather have substance over style.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I see you have met the wife. lol

If BWill can help, it just makes us better. You almost have to root for the kid. Stories like his are what make the game so compelling. Great to see him put in the work, and getting the help he needs to do it right. Man, I love the direction this team is headed.

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,599 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

I have been hyped for this guy day one. Dg said he's gonna get opportunities. Make the most of them bud

#20 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

I also want to say. Man we have some coaches on this team. And I can live with that.

#21 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm really interested to see how he does at inline blocking in the preseason.  I think that's the best way for him to set himself apart from the pack and earn some meaningful snaps.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

That is one big mofo...

I see Stewart running behind Williams blocking at TE, a pulling Turner and Tolbert out of the backfield... Oh man.

#23 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'm really interested to see how he does at inline blocking in the preseason.  I think that's the best way for him to set himself apart from the pack and earn some meaningful snaps.

That is one thing you can take to the bank with this team. If you are going to see the field, you had better be able to block.

Unless you are Olsen. Then you just have to get in the way. But he does make up for it in other ways. Mostly, being Cam's security blanket.

#24 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

That is one thing you can take to the bank with this team. If you are going to see the field, you had better be able to block.

Unless you are Olsen. Then you just have to get in the way. But he does make up for it in other ways. Mostly, being Cam's security blanket.

Agreed.  I think Olsen being almost exclusively a pass catcher makes it that much more important that the #2 can dominate in the run game.  Honestly, I would put run blocking ahead of pass blocked for the #2.  If B Williams can become a solid blocker then he could end up being a dual threat guy that can be groomed to take over the #1 spot in the future.

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Agreed.  I think Olsen being almost exclusively a pass catcher makes it that much more important that the #2 can dominate in the run game.  Honestly, I would put run blocking ahead of pass blocked for the #2.  If B Williams can become a solid blocker then he could end up being a dual threat guy that can be groomed to take over the #1 spot in the future.

Yupperz. That is why Harstock got most of the snaps last year. His blocking. He sure didn't catch many passes. So if BWill can get the blocking down, he may get plenty of opportunities to catch the ball.

Then again, the more he does offensively. The less he may do on Special Teams. Or not. Rivera loves him some Special Teams. Hellz, I don't know. Either way, I am pulling for the guy.

#26 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,198 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Boys....just imagine if he DOES pan out and is a hell of a pass catcher with bodies on him. Think about our redzone personnel.

Brandon Williams, Kelvin Benjamin, Greg Olsen, Tolbert, Stew.

Tell me we're not scoring. I dare you.

You forgot the world's greatest goal line back: Cam.

#27 thomas96

thomas96

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Wouldn't mind him being our #2 TE instead of Ed.  The guy's ceiling is as high as it gets.

Motherfug #2, he's gonna be our #1 TE. Greg as our #2, hell we wouldn't need a single WR.

#28 ID0My0wnStunts

ID0My0wnStunts

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Yeah I've been rooting for him for a while now

#29 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,599 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

He made Jimmeh look competent at camp last year.

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Teh Jimmeh always looked good when there was no pass rush. It was the pressure that got to him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Brandon Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com