63 replies to this topic

#1 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Everything I have been reading so far suggests that G.Williams is getting a good look at LT.Seems that Chandler is on the right side I guess and doing okay(at least his name isn't being mentioned)....last we heard was that Bell and Chandler where splitting time on the left side. So Williams is now getting the shot because Bell is showing poorly through OTA's and now mini camp.Maybe now RR is finally realising that he is not starting material. Bell is a nice guy it seems but he better get used to a back up roll....seems that's the way it's going.

#2 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

A guy his size usually keeps 2-4 backup rolls in his pocket at all times

#3 Jeremy Igo

Jeremy Igo

Administrator

• MFCEO
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

Chandler got time at LT today as well.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#4 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

But, haven't you heard? He's left handed!!! Evidently that's pretty much all that's needed to play LT in the NFL.

#5 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,792 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Team Chandler.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,757 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

But, haven't you heard? He's left handed!!! Evidently that's pretty much all that's needed to play LT in the NFL.

Bla blah blah

#7 Carolina_Crazy

Carolina_Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I can guarantee y'all that he starts if not LT, RT. So people might as well get use to it for at least this season if not more.

#8 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,835 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Chandler

#9 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Williams will probably go back to starting at RT like he did back in 2010. Williams has very good lateral movement, but is vulnerable to a bull rush from bigger DEs. We need to find someone to play LT.

#10 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I can guarantee y'all that he starts if not LT, RT. So people might as well get use to it for at least this season if not more.

This is just as speculative as the OP. Both of you are guessing. But hey, what else is there when the team is so tightlipped.

I don't expect Rivera, or Gman to give us a heads up on what they are thinking/planning. So you guys are as close as we are going to get until the season starts and we find out for ourselves.

#11 bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

"sometimes the answer is already on the roster".

20130221_mje_ss1_1050.0_standard_709.0.j

Edited by bonafidebanter, 17 June 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#12 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

They aren't even in Spartanburg yet.  It's way too early to start guessing the depth chart based on reps.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

They aren't even in Spartanburg yet.  It's way too early to start guessing the depth chart based on reps.

it's a shame that we are going to have to wait until spartanburg to see who wins out. that, in my book, is a fail.

we should be going into TC knowing who the starting OL is so they can be getting their reps and hit the ground running as a unit.

TC needs to be all about the OL gelling, not try outs to see who is going to be on it.

#14 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

dont get me wrong, I am in no way endorsing Bell, but there are many offensive lines that would appear inept against our front 7.  just saying.

#15 CheeseCP

CheeseCP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSparkle City

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

it's a shame that we are going to have to wait until spartanburg to see who wins out. that, in my book, is a fail.

we should be going into TC knowing who the starting OL is so they can be getting their reps and hit the ground running as a unit.

TC needs to be all about the OL gelling, not try outs to see who is going to be on it.

It would obviously be great if they could spend all of TC working as a unit but it's not uncommon to have position battles going on that late in the preseason.  Besides, odds are most, if not all, of the eventual starting unit are already taking the majority of the snaps together.  It's more of a question of which side Bell/Chandler will be playing on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.