Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark

282 posts in this topic

Posted

PC is killing this country. Nobody thought of the Washington Redskins in a derogatory way until the libtards made a big stink of it... Kind of surprised they haven't changed the name "Football" yet. The name seems to make the rest of the world mad at the US for taking the world's game of "Football" and making a completely different sport but use its name. Pretty sure that in itself upsets and offends far more people than a few Indians.

5 people like this

Posted

This is huge to the redskins org.  If they lose patent rights to the logo, they lose a good chunk of the value of the team through merchandising.  I would think that the NFL would try to wave it's big influence around to reinstate this, but the USPTO don't give a fug.  Even better that its the home team.  Haha, fug Danny Snyder.  He's an ass.

Alt accounts are for pussies.  None of you fugs know who the fug I am anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks obummer

Posted

b0e.gif

Posted

Yankees is a derogatory term for people who live in the North.

I'm going to start a change.org petition to change the name because it is deeply offensive to me.

fug the Yankees and their brand, victory will be mine.

Go A's!!

7 people like this

Posted

You all do realize this has been an issue since the late 80s-early 90s right?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yankees is a derogatory term for people who live in the North.

I'm going to start a change.org petition to change the name because it is deeply offensive to me.

fug the Yankees and their brand, victory will be mine.

Go A's!!

dude...you live in Hayward, you ain't offended.   :D

Posted

Does this devalue my custom Marion Barry 'Skins jersey?

1 person likes this

Posted

Does this devalue my custom Marion Barry 'Skins jersey?

I would think most of the value there is in the hidden pockets full of cocaine.

Posted

PC is killing this country. Nobody thought of the Washington Redskins in a derogatory way until the libtards made a big stink of it... Kind of surprised they haven't changed the name "Football" yet. The name seems to make the rest of the world mad at the US for taking the world's game of "Football" and making a completely different sport but use its name. Pretty sure that in itself upsets and offends far more people than a few Indians.

This is pretty specious reasoning. Up until the 1970s, it was generally okay to call black people by a myriad of terms generally understood as offensive. And gays have been treated pretty crappily up until the past 10 years. Entropy is the nature of society. You can't just say something is irrelevant because people didn't make a big stink about it up until now. If society never changed at all, need you be reminded what this country would be like today?

But more to the point, how is removing a name that offends the group of people to which it refers (notwithstanding the fact that  white people think it's not a big deal) ruining the country?

9 people like this

Posted

You all do realize this has been an issue since the late 80s-early 90s right?

This is true and this isn't the first time this has happened - I am pretty sure the Redskins trademark was canceled back in the late 90's just like it is now. This time it may stick however.

Posted

dude...you live in Hayward, you ain't offended. :D

Lmfao hahaha