• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJ89

US Patent Office cancels Redskins trademark

i wonder how many people supporting this (not many overall) would be doing so if it was their team.

duh.

I couldn't care less about the Washington Redskins football team, my problem is what can of worms will a name change open? Who will say, "That is enough" in terms of saying what is and is not offensive?

Why couldn't atheists say that the Saints are an offensive name to them? If every little thing has to be changed because it might offend someone is where the slippery slope comes into play.

It's hard to read what you write and take it seriously. Comparing those two team names is just silly. Saints aren't a derogatory term derived from oppression and disrespect.

However, if the government decided to come in and ban the Saints as a football team, I'd be ok with it because I hate them.

I understand the old guard not trusting the government, but sometimes these changes are a necessary step forward. I guess I'm part of the "pussification" process.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Darren rovell is reporting on twitter that only the name and previous logos the team has used are no longer trademarked, the current logo however still is.

The Washington Cleptocratics

er maybe the Washington Spies. . .

Washington Wooden Teef. . .

ooo the Washington Drones! That one cant have been used yet anywhere, and you could have a logo with a drone shooting laser beams PEW PEW PEWWW!

On a serious note... they really ought to change the name of the Saints to something more reflective of the actual team.... I'm thinking 'Sewer Dwellers'

I think our team name also needs to change. Obviously our logo has nothing to do with the animal, but is rather derogatory towards the black panther organization. Either we need to change the color of our panther to a shade other than black or we must scrap the name all together!

Washington Underachievers

The DC Comics (because their play is very comical)

The Washington Phallic Monuments

I don't think it's that big of deal if the name is changed.

The only thing I do wonder is how many actual Native Americans are offended by the term? I have read multiple polls all with conflicting results and as a minority myself I know how easy it is for a few voices in the community to decide something offends them and it quickly becomes "we're all offended by this".

I've lost count on how many times I've seen Jesse Jackson or al Sharpton speak on something they say is offending the black community when they're really speaking for themselves because most of us weren't all that offended to begin with.

I'm not saying that's what going on with Native Americans just that I would like to see how more every day people feel instead of  politicians, organizations  and white people overflowing with white guilt.  

It's hard to read what you write and take it seriously. Comparing those two team names is just silly. Saints aren't a derogatory term derived from oppression and disrespect.

However, if the government decided to come in and ban the Saints as a football team, I'd be ok with it because I hate them.

I understand the old guard not trusting the government, but sometimes these changes are a necessary step forward. I guess I'm part of the "pussification" process.

I get what youa re saying that it is different with the Redskins....that it is a derogatory term and not just one that a group finds defensive.

However, we are starting down a slipperly slope whereby the posters question/comment about athiest groups protesting the Saints name because they find it offensive and discriminatory actually is a valid point/question.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Carolina-Chuck10

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts