• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#271 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

SFB, I am talking about the way the fukin dogooders would find offense. Read the GD thread.

Wat

#272 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationPineville NC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Don't worry, Redskins name is not going anywhere. Obama and Harry Reid need to worry about more important issues in this country than some name of a football team. They suck.

#273 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Who is bringing forth the suit?

#274 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

Wat

If they can find racism in hump day camels, Star Trek has no chance at all of ever being on TV.  I'll let you figure out the SFB part, or not.

#275 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

It's like you are trying to be Q, now he was a racist.

Dam uppity God's got to keep their places.

#276 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,208 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

So now the plaintiff for the Redskins lawsuit is also wanting the KC Chiefs to change their name.  Nothing (absolutely nothing) discriminatory nor approaching a racial slur about the Chiefs as a name.

This really hurts their arguement.

The PC agenda in this country is getting ridiculous.  Someone is offended by about everything out there.

Edited by MadHatter, 26 June 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#277 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,127 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

So now the plaintiff for the Redskins lawsuit is also wanting the KC Chiefs to change their name.  Nothing (absolutely nothing) discriminatory nor approaching a racial slur about the Chiefs as a name.

This really hurts their arguement.

The PC agenda in this country is getting ridiculous.  Someone is offended by about everything out there.

You're sounding pretty offended there, chief.

#278 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,208 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

You're sounding pretty offended there, chief.

Not at all.

I agree with the Redskins issue (that it long has been a racial slur).....just pointing out that if they push this into wanting names that have any ties to Native Americans removed, it weakens their arguement on the Redskins name.  Or, at least it makes them look like they have a bigger agenda.

Edited by MadHatter, 27 June 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#279 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,942 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Not at all.

I agree with the Redskins issue (that it long has been a racial slur).....just pointing out that if they push this into wanting names that have any ties to Native Americans removed, it weakens their arguement on the Redskins name.  Or, at least it makes them look like they have a bigger agenda.

God, it sickens me to say this, but I agree with you. Going after native-american-themed names that are not considered racial slurs just makes the prosecution look easily offended, thereby playing into the defense's argument that "Red skin isn't really an offensive term to native Americans. Only like the small segment of the whiniest Indians actually think it's a slur."

My hope it that it's a bargaining chip. They drum up a movement to get all the native American names changed, gain a little momentum, so that eventually society goes, "Whoa! Waitaminute! Okay, we'll change the Redskins name. We'll give you that. But we're keeping the Indians, Blackhawks and Chiefs." Then both sides can feel like they won.

#280 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,208 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

God, it sickens me to say this, but I agree with you. Going after native-american-themed names that are not considered racial slurs just makes the prosecution look easily offended, thereby playing into the defense's argument that "Red skin isn't really an offensive term to native Americans. Only like the small segment of the whiniest Indians actually think it's a slur."

My hope it that it's a bargaining chip. They drum up a movement to get all the native American names changed, gain a little momentum, so that eventually society goes, "Whoa! Waitaminute! Okay, we'll change the Redskins name. We'll give you that. But we're keeping the Indians, Blackhawks and Chiefs." Then both sides can feel like they won.

I could buy that....if that is the case, it is not actually a bad move by the plaintiff's. 

#281 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Yeah but that Indians logo is equivalent to the Redskins name.

#282 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,208 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yeah but that Indians logo is equivalent to the Redskins name.

No more offensive to Indians that that Butt Ugly Buc's logo is offensive to pirates.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com