Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radio station tramples former tea party congressman's 1st amendment rights

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

z4tnM3e.png

According to posts on former U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh’s Twitter account Thursday night, the conservative radio talk-show host was kicked off the air on WIND-AM (560) for using racial slurs while trying to have a discussion about racial slurs.

In a series of tweets posted about 7 p.m., Walsh says: “Just got kicked off the air until further notice. Tried to have honest discussion about racist terms and management censored my language.”

And: “I’m trying to have an honest, adult conversations about words without resorting to alphabet soup phrases (C-word, N-word, etc).”

Posted · Report post

You do realize the first amendment only applies to the government trying to censor right?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You do realize the first amendment only applies to the government trying to censor right?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No. He is a Tea Partier so he just wants to have the right to scream the N word on air.... If not it is Obama's oppression.. Bunch of redneck bible thumpers.

Posted · Report post

No. He is a Tea Partier so he just wants to have the right to scream the N word on air.... If not it is Obama's oppression.. Bunch of redneck bible thumpers.

obviously the context is  he wants to scream redskins. If you are going to accuse do it accurately. Redneck is not near as bad as ignorant.

Posted · Report post

obviously the context is  he wants to scream redskins. If you are going to accuse do it accurately. Redneck is not near as bad as ignorant.

either you are awful at sarcasm or you didn't bother reading the screencaps.

He was censored for saying certain words on air, and told he was allowed to say cracker and redskin.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Did he try to say ******?

lol

redskins

looks like the same thing here...

Posted · Report post

sounds like the kind of guy that gets his jollies by trying to find loopholes that will allow him to say the n-word

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

if it is truly a disparaging word how come I can type redskins without it going all stars?

Posted · Report post

if it is truly a disparaging word how come I can type redskins without it going all stars?

Bc "Heritage!"

Honestly the word redskins does not evoke the same emotional response..however for me..it is bc I always grew up with this as an established name and have not interacted with many American Indians.

It is Clearly a derogagatory term to the most oppressed race in America.... To me, Seminole is not derogatory, Braves, Cheifs as well... Redskin is clearly meant to be one and was established when it didnt matter..

Group hug yall..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bc "Heritage!"

Honestly the word redskins does not evoke the same emotional response..however for me..it is bc I always grew up with this as an established name and have not interacted with many American Indians.

It is Clearly a derogagatory term to the most oppressed race in America.... To me, Seminole is not derogatory, Braves, Cheifs as well... Redskin is clearly meant to be one and was established when it didnt matter..

Group hug yall..

I agree about the word being a terrible word and should be dropped, so I am not defending it at all, but If I can't type the words: nigger, kike and others...I can't even think of these type of words because I don't use them IRL how come I can type redskins and you know what I typed?

Posted · Report post

So, when we type "shit" in the Huddle, it gets re-typed as "poo."

I think it's time for the Huddle to evolve and come up with a proper re-type for "Redskin" every time it appears in a Huddle forum. Keep in mind we cannot use "shit."