Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

Ahhh, Yeah, The Old Chip On The Shoulder, D. Newton Reports

45 posts in this topic

it's a shame this turned into another bash Shula thread.  Getting back to the, OP, I'm loves me some Riverboat Ron.

1 person likes this

Whose to say we couldn't have gotten more yards if the defense didn't give us field position.

We were one of the most efficient teams in the nfl last year.

Look I'm not defending Shula just like I wasn't defending Bell in earlier threads. But things are not as bad as people make them out to be

Here are some in depth offensive NFL rankings to support your argument. Seems pretty efficient to me.

Avg starting field position - 6th (29.16 yard line)

% of drives that led to 1st down or TD - 5th

Offensive Yards Per Drive - 11th

Offensive Points per drive - 10th

Turnovers per Drive - 7th

Time of Possesion per drive - 2nd

That was my contribution for the day.....I'm exhausted now.

6 people like this

18th in points doesn't exactly sound menacing.

True, but that's 10 places difference.

Here are some in depth offensive NFL rankings to support your argument. Seems pretty efficient to me.

% of drives that let to 1st down or TD - 5th

thanks bud. and the only reason i knew all of this was teerays write up after the end of last season.

there is no question we need to get better at things. and i don't think of us as a top 10 offense last year.

but the hyperbole of using the 28th ranked offense is a misnomer and doesn't give credit where credit is due to Shula (who did some good things and some bad things last year)

I'm really excited about the red zone this year; with our interior guards, kb and cotchery. I think we see something similar but if a TE like Bwilliams steps up its going to be interesting to see how Shula utilizes all this talent, because we do have some talent (although unproven) on this offense.

it's going to be really exciting i think.

2 people like this

thanks bud. and the only reason i knew all of this was teerays write up after the end of last season.

there is no question we need to get better at things. and i don't think of us as a top 10 offense last year.

but the hyperbole of using the 28th ranked offense is a misnomer and doesn't give credit where credit is due to Shula (who did some good things and some bad things last year)

I'm really excited about the red zone this year; with our interior guards, kb and cotchery. I think we see something similar but if a TE like Bwilliams steps up its going to be interesting to see how Shula utilizes all this talent, because we do have some talent (although unproven) on this offense.

it's going to be really exciting i think.

No problem...if you ever need any in depth stats like this just let me know. I planted a micro chip into Mr. Scott's head years ago when I met him and can download this stuff with just a click of a button.

He don't know though and it may be slightly illegal, so don't tell him.

4 people like this

Johnny Rockets has changed my mind.

For that he gets a free foot rub.

2 people like this

% of drives that led to 1st down or TD - 5th

But none of those stats support the "our offense sucks because of Shula...and he should be fired" crowd. We will just ignore them and cherry pick the ones that do.

1 person likes this

post-332-140328151335_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

1 person likes this

Combine 3rd efficiency, scoring, 4th quarter rushing with a lead, drives for score vs drives with punt and you would have a decent offensive ranking system.

Shula has the same issue henning did. His offense is stuborn but usually effective.

The issues arose last season when he was outsmarted by the DC. He needs to be more fluid in design and playcalling.adapt on the fly.

2 people like this