Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could Joel Embiid Fall to No.9?

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Most athletes with this injury heal properly, it's players who wait a while to fix it or have high arches that get this injury repeatedly. Embiid got surgery with in a few days of it happening. Everything points to him healing fine and being able to play at a high level.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

hell no

Posted · Report post

Most athletes with this injury heal properly, it's players who wait a while to fix it or have high arches that get this injury repeatedly. Embiid got surgery with in a few days of it happening. Everything points to him healing fine and being able to play at a high level.

Most, but the more strenuous the sport like basketball and the bigger the person the more likely to be recurring.

If it was no big deal he would still be #1 pick

Posted · Report post

Most, but the more strenuous the sport like basketball and the bigger the person the more likely to be recurring.

As long as he doesn't have high arches, he'll be able to play at a high level for the next 9-10 seasons easily.

Posted · Report post

Doubt he makes it past Boston.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

But, when theres a healthy Parker, Wiggins, or even Exum it becomes a big deal.

I like our chances. We could end up with Embiid (probably won't get pass LA) or Randle due to injuries.

Posted · Report post

Jordan is the owner and I think he had the same surgery, so......

Wiggins goes number one by the way

Posted · Report post

I don't see him falling past the Lakers but if he does fall to 9 Cho better pull the trigger.

Posted · Report post

Keep in mind there's probably not a better situation for him to succeed in the top 10 given his health than in Charlotte.

With a frontcourt of Al, Zeller, McBob (assuming he's back) and Biz, there's no pressure to give him minutes early to help our production in that department. At best, the biggest need there is backup center and even then that role can be filled by a (hopefully improving) Biz and, when need be, maybe Zeller and that's not close to this roster's biggest flaw. Heck, Embiid could sit out the entire year and it wouldn't be that much of a loss.

As desperate as the team is for wing scoring, this draft is so deep, they could still find great production at 24, especially if a guy like Hairston falls far enough. They could even move up to get him if need be. Also, there's 20 million available in free agency, and while it's not exactly chocked full of wing players, there's bound to be improvements over what's on the roster of a team that just won 43 games with the frontcourt doing all the work.

I keep trying to talk myself into a Stauskas, McDermott, or a Harris, and none of those really have the excitement that the Kemba pick did at 9 (which wasn't a need) or the Star Lotulelei pick at 14 (the guy mocked at #1, but falls because of alleged HEART health issue.)

At worst, you turn heads on draft night with people salivating over the prospect of the two twin towers in Charlotte if Embiid stays healthy, he sits out next year, still becomes Greg Oden anyway, but the frontcourt production for a team that wants to "win now" stays in tact so the loss is minimal unless (knock on wood) somebody gets hurt. Embiid is a bust, but hey, it's a pick you completely lucked into in the first place, and you swung for the fences for a guy with the highest upside who just last week you couldn't dream you'd get to draft.

At best, he's the Joel Embiid everybody expected pre-Injury, and you have the best player in this loaded draft, the league's best frontcourt, and you're under no pressure to retain Al for the money he will command if his numbers stay consistent by the time his contract is up, meaning you can retain your cap flexibility and have a potential superstar to build around.

If he's at 9, turn that card in with his name on it as fast as you can. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He won't make it past Boston or LA.

Posted · Report post

Joel Embiid is my friend on PlayStation :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Goodman has him going 10th to Philly, I'd be irate.