Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could Joel Embiid Fall to No.9?

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Jeff Goodman: One NBA GM picking in Top 10 on Embiid: "My medical people told me flat-out not to take him."

Posted · Report post

I think I would consider doing it... But I don't think I would. I believe we need a scorer. McDermott is the guy we need to get at 9. Also I think they need to try and get Monroe in the free agency. 

Posted · Report post

Cavs? No.
Bucks? No.
76ers? No.

Magic? Possibly, they do need a potential star to build around, and while risky, Embiid does fit the bill. He's an athletic center that can protect the rim, allowing Vuceivic to drop to PF.

Jazz? They do have Favours and Kanter that can play center. I suppose they can slot Favours in at PF and Embiid at C.

Celtics? Another team that could use a big, athletic center like Embiid.

Lakers? Same as above, but they also have three players contracted. If they want to built another contender, Embiid gives them a defensive lynch pin to their line up.

Kings? At this stage he's too good of value to pass up even with Cousins on the roster. The Kings have tried to find a PF to pair with Cousins. I think they'd be tempted to pair the two of them together. Embiid gives them a big upgrade on defense, taking some pressure off Cousins.

I can't see him falling to is at #9. Even with his injuries I see a few teams from #4 to #8 that will consider taking him. If Parker, Wiggins and Exum are the top three picks that leaves Smart, Gordon, Vonleh and Randle as the guys that mostly land in the top eight. In terms of bigs Embiid has more potential than the other three, and while risky, I don't see a team passing up on his talent if they get reassurances of his health.

That said, if he falls to #9 we should snap him up, even if it means sitting him for a season like the 76ers did with Noel.

Posted · Report post

If he falls to #9, then turn that card in quickly. It may be a little risky, but this guy is a true talent. We also have an assistant coach in Ewing who could work with and really help develop his skills

Posted · Report post

Saw on hoopshype that Philly would likely select him at 3 if he falls to them. Hard to envision him making it to #9 if a team as high as 3 is thinking of taking him

Posted · Report post

Lakers are a team that could really use Embiid, but hearing that if he does end up there at 7 that the Lakers will pass on him. They're worried about his foot. He could really fall all the way down to no9. We'll see tomorw.

Posted · Report post

Move up to 5 and nab him. Debut him in 2015. Hopefully we can keep Ewing around for him.

Posted · Report post

Lakers are a team that could really use Embiid, but hearing that if he does end up there at 7 that the Lakers will pass on him. They're worried about his foot. He could really fall all the way down to no9. We'll see tomorw.

I'd be shocked if he falls past Boston assuming they stay at 6. Ainge has shown in the past he is not afraid to take players with big time injury risks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

if he's at 9 you sprint to that podium I don't care if he never plays again you take that chance

Posted · Report post

if he's at 9 you sprint to that podium I don't care if he never plays again you take that chance

No way he's there, but you are absolutely correct.
1 person likes this