#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, locally and nationally people may have suspected Kelvin Benjamin could be a beast before the draft, but many bought into the idea that he would be a bust as well. After the OTAs, Rookie and Mandatory Minicamps, Benjamin's performance, willingness to work, and accolades---if not bridled enthusiasm from three pretty consummate professionals in Dave Gettleman, Ron Rivera and Ricky Proehl, I feel extremely confident in saying that the bust factor in the equation is fading fast. As for the other part...the boom of Benjamin will build up like the cannons in Tchiakovsky's 1812 Overture into a crescendo that will still catch the league by surprise notwithstanding Benjamin's gradual progression as the season rolls along.  

Lastly, here are some reminders, the last two coming from articles within the past day.

Proehl certainly sounds excited to have Benjamin around, and he gave some effusive praise to the last WR he personally worked out during the pre-draft process. He said of the 6’5″ rookie, via ESPN NFL Nation’s David Newton, “A guy his size and the way he just caught the ball … just natural, just like a vacuum. I was in awe to be honest with you.”

Link

First-round draft pick Kelvin Benjamin went high into the air on Saturday to make a one-handed snag with two defenders draped all over him. The play by the Florida State wide receiver was so impressive that general manager Dave Gettleman bent over and grabbed his knees. 

Then he stood and grabbed his heart. 

Then he smiled.

Link

When first-round receiver Kelvin Benjamin went up between two defenders to corral a spectacular touchdown catch Wednesday, general manager Dave Gettleman had a great view right behind the end zone.

When Benjamin doubled-down with another WOW grab Thursday, reaching over cornerback Melvin White for a touchdown, Gettleman was just a few feet away again.

“What goes through your mind are the possibilities. If you can’t do it in practice, you’re not going to do it in a game,” Gettleman said. “It’s a confirmation of your college scouting and your evaluation process. It’s fun, obviously.”

Link

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound receiver was the star of the camp, catching everything in sight including two amazing grabs on back-to-back days

Link

Through a dozen offseason practices, coach Ron Rivera has seen enough to believe Benjamin will have a major role right out of the gate.

"You draft him for a specific skill set," Rivera said, via The Associated Press. "He can become a threat in the red zone and a threat for you on third down and have an immediate impact doing those things for us. It was good to see him do those things and good to see him work with Cam (Newton) as well. I'm excited as to where he's heading and what he can become for us."

Although the draft community had questions about Benjamin's adjustment to the NFL after a strikingly slow shuttle time at the NFL Scouting Combine, Gettleman is confident he made the correct call late in the first round.

Link

#2 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Cool

#3 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Story

#4 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Bro

#5 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Jinx

#6 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

Jinx

Hush yo mouth! :P

#7 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,796 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

#8 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

f6f.gif

#9 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

As long as he is on Carolina he will always be, "ok"

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#10 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

You practice how you play. Which should make this kids game pretty damm good right out of the gate. I can live with that.

#11 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

The fact that he accelerates more respectively at high speeds rather than from a standstill means that he could prove to be a big deep threat. I expect that to be kept as secretive as possible. He could be very deceptive to the safeties if theyre looking for him to make a quick slant in on 3rd n 7, then all of sudden he runs a go route instead. I could see him getting behind the defense and thats scary when your talking about 6'5 240. Cam's arm, KB's deceptive speed, could be veeery nice.

#12 AvatarBlock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

You practice how you play. Which should make this kids game pretty damm good right out of the gate. I can live with that.

I'm pretty sure Armanti Edwards disproved that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#13 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

The fact that he accelerates more respectively at high speeds rather than from a standstill means that he could prove to be a big deep threat. I expect that to be kept as secretive as possible. He could be very deceptive to the safeties if theyre looking for him to make a quick slant in on 3rd n 7, then all of sudden he runs a go route instead. I could see him getting behind the defense and thats scary when your talking about 6'5 240. Cam's arm, KB's deceptive speed, could be veeery nice.

The only thing that can fug it up at this point is shula and the o-line. 

#14 Jeremy Igo

Jeremy Igo

Administrator

• MFCEO
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

While it's fun to think about, without the danger of a big hit coming after a catch we really have no idea how any of the rookies will play this year. We have had plenty of camp all pros who could not do a single productive thing when it mattered.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#15 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

KB was really high on our board. Like higher than you would think.

He was going to be our pick as the guys ahead of him were going to be gone really early

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.