Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Michael Vick on running quarterbacks: I started it all

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#97 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

You should check the stats before you say no one did what he did with running the ball at the QB spot before.

To me, Cunningham is the best running and passing QB the NFL has seen. You should look up his stats from 1987 to 1992. Cam Newton will become the best if he continues to improve at the rate he is.

Why do you think Vick was more athletic? Cause he's black? Cause the media told you he is? Cause defenses plan for him?

Vick isn't the only QB that defenses have had to plan around. There have been many before him, there were many during him, and there are many after him. And once defenses figured him out, he wasn't that much of a threat and a turnover machine. So much for that athleticism.

Being fast also doesn't mean he was the most athletic. If you are a threat at passing and running the ball at the QB position, that is more athletic than a 1 trick pony. As far as passing, Vick only had 1 year where he was good at passing. After defenses figured him out, he was back to sucking at throwing the ball. Any other year, he couldn't even hold Jake Delhomme's jock as far as passing.

Vick got the Falcons to the nfc championship, he showed how a fast qb whose good at running could potentially win you a super bowl. This paved the way to more people taking notice that there's more than one to be a successful qb..... And I think it's fairly obvious Vick was one of the most athletic quarterbacks of all time, I mean did you not watch him juke our guys out of their cleats

#98 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Sammy Baugh says hi.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#99 micnificent28

micnificent28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Vick got the Falcons to the nfc championship, he showed how a fast qb whose good at running could potentially win you a super bowl. This paved the way to more people taking notice that there's more than one to be a successful qb..... And I think it's fairly obvious Vick was one of the most athletic quarterbacks of all time, I mean did you not watch him juke our guys out of their cleats

This

#100 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hilarious how all the Vick defenders have serious issues writing and reading posts.

#101 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

I think the Vick hate in this thread stems from the countless times he burned us, literally and figuratively. He is washed up at this point but he was once a top 5 QB that could score on any play. Y'all need to stop it.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#102 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'd like to know who taught you football comparing vince young to steve young and micheal vick..go sit down. take up golf or something.

Re-read the conversation from the start. Nobody compared Vince Young to Steve Young except you...

#103 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'd like to know who taught you football comparing vince young to steve young and micheal vick..go sit down. take up golf or something.

In fact, let me do it for you since you clearly don't understand what's happening here. Re-read what you quoted, and then re-read your statement. You brought up Vince Young. Not me, not this Heel31ok guy.

5b3aa0c8568d2ebc48ab09da893b7351.png

#104 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

IN his defense ..

Atl used to kill us on bootlegs. Vick is the sole reason we have Thomas Davis on the team

#105 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Let it go, man. This happened years ago. He was punished, and has seemed to learn his lesson. He hasn't gotten in any trouble, and has been an upstanding citizen. No need to say things like this.
I don't say too much on here, but it's sickening to look at sh*t like that.

As far as the topic goes; Vick wasn't the start of running QBs. I have no problems with him stating this, but he's wrong with his statement. Folks just need to leave it at that. No need to bring up the dog stuff or his past.

Dog lover hear.

#106 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

On Madden, I agree

#107 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER