• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

The ones fighting the wars may truly believe in the cause they have chosen? On our side and theirs. But every global conflict centers around control of resources, and geo-political strength. The money and the power. I bet we go back whether we want to or not. ISIS has seized alot of wealth and oil. Which belongs to people who have enough money to make the world go round. And I am sure they will be wanting it all back?

Sure, that's true with the vast majority of wars, and as I said, we are in the ME because of oil.  But that doesn't mean specific military operations are designed to control resources.   We didn't go into Afghanistan so our companies could access their mineral wealth.  If we did, they are seriously disappointed now since none of them have access to it, and the current leaders of these companies will be long dead or retired before we do. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 24 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#32 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

Sure, that's true with the vast majority of wars, and as I said, we are in the ME because of oil.  But that doesn't mean specific military operations are designed to control resources.   We didn't go into Afghanistan so our companies could access their mineral wealth.  If we did, they are seriously disappointed now since none of them have access to it, and the current leaders of these companies will be long dead or retired before we do. 

Political strength...,regionally speaking. Resources are a big part of it, yes. But Putin doesn't want a vacation home in Syria. He wants geographical leverage over european nations. The main reason we have such interest in the ME is strategic placement of military installations. Which gives us political strength in that region.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Political strength...,regionally speaking. Resources are a big part of it, yes. But Putin doesn't want a vacation home in Syria. He wants geographical leverage over european nations. The main reason we have such interest in the ME is strategic placement of military installations. Which gives us political strength in that region.

Sorry, but the main reason we have interest in the Middle East is oil.  Military installations are only relevant because of oil.  From a military logistical, tactical, strategic, and political perspective, there are far better locations for bases.  Oil is still the lifeblood of the world, and we are there to ensure that the flow remains largely uninterrupted. Most of us will not be alive to see it, but when ME Oil runs out, our interest in the region will dry up. 

Putin has interest in Syria because they are one of Russia's few remaining client states, and he wants to show that Russia still backs its allies against the US.  That is also the reason Russia has increased its ties with Cuba over the last few years. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.