Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty high pick for a Guard

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Cowboys are doing the same with Zach Martin. Their "reach" for the center last year paid off.

But I can't help but think, they could have drafted Manziel (or Bridgewater), Ealy and Turner instead of Zack and DeMarcus. It'll be interesting to see how their careers develop.

Posted

Its not even training camp yet.  You can't judge a lineman's value until he's put time in on the field.

Posted

Hardy the kraken says:  Usually takes a year or two to adjust to the NFL. No worries ram fans

Answer under the article

Posted

They paid a shitton of money for Jake Long just last offseason.  Then they decided to resign Saffold, both are really good at their positions.  I guess Saffold depends on his health but I never really understood why they felt the need to take him at #2 unless they were just so convinced by all the mockers that thats what they needed to do.  I assumed he would just start out at RT and maybe move Saffold inside but thankfully not our problem.

This is probably the best explanation.

I remember wondering why the resigned Saffold while having Jake Long, even though Long was hurt.  Guess they have 3 "iffy" tackles now.

Jake coming off injury

Think Saffold failed his physical with Raiders

And Robinson rolling on square wheels.

I had originally thought they might cut Jake and we could pick him up

Posted

That's insane. Look at who the Rams drafted with those picks. They raped the skins on the draft picks alone. What they did with those picks has been equally impressive.

Sure looks like the inept Rams blew what should have been a franchise changing trade with the Redskibs. But, they have parlayed multiple picks into hot garbage.

2 people like this

Posted

I'd take the Rams "problem" at OL over the Panthers' situation at both Tackle spots any day of the week.

but thankfully not our problem.

Posted

That's insane. Look at who the Rams drafted with those picks. They raped the skins on the draft picks alone. What they did with those picks has been equally impressive.

Until they can translate it into wins, the Rams are the new "great on-paper team, yet can't pass the hump" team.  

I feel like they've been trying to build that squad around Bradford for so long and this is the make or break year.  Problem is they've got the Cards, Niners, and Hawks to deal with for 6 games.    

Posted

Agreed. If I were a GM I'd make that trade again, 8 days a week.

Posted

I'd take the Rams "problem" at OL over the Panthers' situation at both Tackle spots any day of the week.

I just meant as far as figuring it out. They have a lot of money invested in 3 tackles but yet to be determined if it's a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

That's very true. I really think that they're going to be one of the better teams in the league this year, but they could just as easily be 7-9 again. The NFC West is pretty brutal.

Until they can translate it into wins, the Rams are the new "great on-paper team, yet can't pass the hump" team.  

I feel like they've been trying to build that squad around Bradford for so long and this is the make or break year.  Problem is they've got the Cards, Niners, and Hawks to deal with for 6 games.    

Posted

Just goes to show you that it ain't all about bulk and physical prowess... you gotta have brains too.