Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have a second team to root for?

153 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It might be weird to ask such a question, but when I talk with my local football fans friends, they claim that they have a second or even third team they root for. I think it's too ridiculous because I don't even think I have enough time to love my only Panthers but they can cheer for three teams at the same time...

So how about the great huddle?

Posted · Report post

NO !

This is even impossible.

I am loyal to the bones.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

My fantasy team.
Even then, real panther wins even if it means rooting against my fantasy team players.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't really root for, but kinda wish luck to (when not playing the Panthers) the Buffalo Bills. Because I'm from NY, and they are the only team that plays in the state of NY.

Before the Panthers were around, I didn't root for anyone. Steelers, Redskins, Dallas, Giants, Bills, Bears and Pats fans were all around me. And I got yelled at to once saying "you need to start rooting for a team so we can talk shit to you!!" So, Just so happened the Panthers came into play when that was told to me. So I went with them (to not be a front runner). Been a fan ever since and never swayed!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

People are allowed to support the Panthers and follow the results of another team, like family ties or the team most local to them. But wearing their jerseys, rooting for them at any time, or making noise if you go to one of their games is a no-no.

Us Panthers get a fair bit of stick as a relatively young and unsuccessful franchise. Time to make history and stop people asking who our second and more successful team is.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELL no!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I've started to follow the Jaguars just because I know what it's like having multiple losing seasons. Panthers won more games in 2013 than the Jaguars did the past three seasons combined.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

nope Panthers all the way no questions.

I do find it funny that I see "die hard" sanfran and patriots fans all the time up here in Ontario. but when they run beer promotions and you can get free nfl gear they will wear any team that comea out of the box.

the ones I get go to the dog...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not really.  I have certain players I like and if one of their games is on I root for them... probably the closest thing to a 2nd team for me is Green Bay, and even then I don't really care about them.  If we play against them I hope we destroy them.  I just really liked Brett Favre when I was younger and I guess it kinda' carried on over to Aaron Rodgers.  Made a few bucks off of them in the Super Bowl too.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Once I had some good feeling about the Browns because Delhomme went there.

•••Sent from my couch while fucking the Saints•••

Posted · Report post

I pull for whoever is playing Dallas.
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Never. Ever. Ever. No.

6 people like this