Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More WR hate for the WR Corps

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't really see how we can expect much better of a ranking for the WR's at this point in the offseason.

We can't. This group is a complete unknown. The good news is some other teams ranked a little higher than us are known and they still are horrible.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Posted

I don't really see how we can expect much better of a ranking for the WR's at this point in the offseason.

To me I understand the ranking. Brand new receiving crew on a playoff team. The shot (hate) really comes in where he doesnt take the time to analyze the players. The pieces put together may actually fit, they are not ELITE status so i didnt expect a top 10 or even top 20 ranking. Just an explanation. And we got nothing but a cheap shot.

1 person likes this

Posted

They don't even care our receivers were freaking bad last year and just assume we downgraded because we willingly let all of them go.  

Seeya 34 y/o Smitty + LaFaill/Ginn (Who's 550 yard season with us was his "comeback"), they go "What are they doing??"

We welcome Kelvin Benjamin and 2 of the more reliable 2-3rd options in the league in Avant/Cotchery...It's like: "They're terrible".  I think this position has been clearly upgraded.  

There will be a lot of crow eating on the media's end come this season.  

5 people like this

Posted

See, this is part of the problem. 

Many in the media are Loathe to give Cam any credit, and acknowledge that he was the majority of the Panthers offense last year (certainly the main reason for most of it's success). 

This one of the main reasons why there is a clear disconnect between how the National Media (who doesn't follow the team) views the receivers/offense, compared to Panthers fans. It's this, combined with the fact,  the receivers last year were nothing to write home about to begin with (as most of the run game, outside of Cam). 

Yeah thats why they were hyping up Steve Smith like the Ravens were getting '05 Triple Crown winning Steve Smith

Posted

LOL people are going to be surprised at what happens when Cam has actual WRs to throw to. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I disagree. There's no team in the NFL that is going to be glad to see us on their schedule. Our offense might not be flashy or prolific in scoring, but it is going to be punishing and efficient. We are going to pound downfield, eat up clock, rest our top shelf defense while tiring theirs out, and when we get into the redzone, we will be sending out a 6'5" giant, two sure handed veteran possession receivers and a great pass catching TE.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

We are better than last year!!

2 people like this

Posted

I disagree. There's no team in the NFL that is going to be glad to see us on their schedule. Our offense might not be flashy or prolific in scoring, but it is going to be punishing and efficient. We are going to pound downfield, eat up clock, rest our top shelf defense while tiring theirs out, and when we get into the redzone, we will be sending out a 6'5" giant, two sure handed veteran possession receivers and a great pass catching TE.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

thank you Khaki. this is exactly why i am so optimistic about the season... to the point of confidence in 10-11 wins and a playoff appearance.

1 person likes this

Posted

I truly believe that with KB and Cam our WR corp will grow into something amazing.

Posted

Often times in the nfl things arent what they seem. Youd think some of these "experts" would pick up on that. Last offseason exactly at this point last year how many of these same peope were talking poo about our dbs? And about cam? Hell our team in general and we showed up and proved them wrong. I have a feeling we're about to do it again I think KB is about to become something special, something we've never seen before.

Posted

Our offense will be body punchers, not one shot knockout artists.  The thing is that the body puncher can actually be much more devastating, and can destroy a team's moral and cause them to lose heart.  

We will not be a team that is quick strike, but we will be a team nobody wants to play because we'll be able to steadily move down the field, pounding the defense.  We are built to get 5-15 yards a pop...no matter what the defense tries to do.  Cotchery and Avant are not elite, and certainly not explosive.  But what they are is supreme route runners that know how to find the open seam and get position on a defender, and they will catch any ball that comes near them.  That also fits the mold of Olsen, and if Dickson and/or Williams proves to be at least competent, then that is 4 guys that know how to get open, and will usually make the catch. 

Now you add in Benjamin, though a rookie and not fully developed, who will be a nightmare matchup for anyone, not only because of his size, but the fact he knows how to use it, which is not always the case with bigger receivers.  Now lets bring in Underwood who has proven to be a decent receiver that can stretch the field, clearing up the shallow routes.  So on every play, defenses will have to account for at least four receivers that if ignored will pick them apart. 

But we also cannot ignore our RB's.  Every one of them are proven receivers out of the backfield.  Even the young guys, if they do get a chance to play, were very good receivers in college, and a major threat, so teams can ignore them at their own peril.  So now their LB's and DB's are all occupied and unable to stack the middle of the line, which will give our RB's (and Cam) a chance to do damage in the running game. 

Bottom line is that while we may not scare teams with our explosiveness, we will frustrate the hell out of them because we have so many effective parts, and not one of them will be any more the focus than the others.  So teams will not who or what direction to gear their defense to stop.  The attack can come from anywhere.  We will simply wear teams out on offense, which will also keep our defense fresh and able to reek havoc until the final whistle.

8 people like this

Posted

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif