• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Great QB's can make WR's better.  None of those FA WR's have played with a QB the talent level of Cam, with maybe the exception of Cotchery the one year with Big Ben, and what did he do that one year?  Score 10 TD's and had by far his best season.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,390 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

He is pretty much a last place writer

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,764 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Ranked 32nd the write takes a cheap shot but doesn't actually provide an argument or any analysis. I guess it's easier to just go with the flow than it is to do any actual work.

http://www.sportsone...tw_share#!2ynfU

I mean we only had 125 yds receiving against Seattle last year and were a fumble away from possibly winning.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

Edited by SCP, 23 June 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#19 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

W7VnOIj.jpg

#20 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,553 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Lol"experts"

Jokes on them.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#21 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,540 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

I don't really see how we can expect much better of a ranking for the WR's at this point in the offseason.

Edited by TheRed, 23 June 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#22 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

I'm not an expert, but I watched every single Panthers game last year - multiple times each. And in my opinion, the receiving corp really wan't that special. They made a few plays here and there, but nothing remotely like what Wilson's no name crew in Seattle did week in and week out. 

I honestly think the added veterans and the aforementioned GIANT rookie will make all the difference in the world. Last year we couldn't win jump balls like ever, had a hard time getting separation, dropped crucial passes, provided no redzone mismatches, and had very little YAC. This year's group could at least be a lot better in terms of fewer crucial drops, RZ mismatches and winning jump balls. 

But we did lose Smitty, so there's that...

#23 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

The media seems to equate having poor WRs = poor team when our WRs weren't all that good last year. Cam was our whole offense anyway.

See, this is part of the problem. 

Many in the media are Loathe to give Cam any credit, and acknowledge that he was the majority of the Panthers offense last year (certainly the main reason for most of it's success). 

This one of the main reasons why there is a clear disconnect between how the National Media (who doesn't follow the team) views the receivers/offense, compared to Panthers fans. It's this, combined with the fact,  the receivers last year were nothing to write home about to begin with (as most of the run game, outside of Cam). 

#24 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm not an expert, but I watched every single Panthers game last year - multiple times each. And in my opinion, the receiving corp really wan't that special. They made a few plays here and there, but nothing remotely like what Wilson's no name crew in Seattle did week in and week out. 

I honestly think the added veterans and the aforementioned GIANT rookie will make all the difference in the world. Last year we couldn't win jump balls like ever, had a hard time getting separation, dropped crucial passes, provided no redzone mismatches, and had very little YAC. This year's group could at least be a lot better in terms of fewer crucial drops, RZ mismatches and winning jump balls. 

But we did lose Smitty, so there's that...

Bingo!!

Great Post, You said it all!!

#25 Jeremy Igo

Jeremy Igo

Administrator

• MFCEO
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I don't really see how we can expect much better of a ranking for the WR's at this point in the offseason.

We can't. This group is a complete unknown. The good news is some other teams ranked a little higher than us are known and they still are horrible.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#26 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

To me I understand the ranking. Brand new receiving crew on a playoff team. The shot (hate) really comes in where he doesnt take the time to analyze the players. The pieces put together may actually fit, they are not ELITE status so i didnt expect a top 10 or even top 20 ranking. Just an explanation. And we got nothing but a cheap shot.

#27 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

They don't even care our receivers were freaking bad last year and just assume we downgraded because we willingly let all of them go.  

Seeya 34 y/o Smitty + LaFaill/Ginn (Who's 550 yard season with us was his "comeback"), they go "What are they doing??"

We welcome Kelvin Benjamin and 2 of the more reliable 2-3rd options in the league in Avant/Cotchery...It's like: "They're terrible".  I think this position has been clearly upgraded.  

There will be a lot of crow eating on the media's end come this season.  

#28 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

See, this is part of the problem. 

Many in the media are Loathe to give Cam any credit, and acknowledge that he was the majority of the Panthers offense last year (certainly the main reason for most of it's success). 

This one of the main reasons why there is a clear disconnect between how the National Media (who doesn't follow the team) views the receivers/offense, compared to Panthers fans. It's this, combined with the fact,  the receivers last year were nothing to write home about to begin with (as most of the run game, outside of Cam). 

Yeah thats why they were hyping up Steve Smith like the Ravens were getting '05 Triple Crown winning Steve Smith

#29 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,237 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

LOL people are going to be surprised at what happens when Cam has actual WRs to throw to. 

#30 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

I disagree. There's no team in the NFL that is going to be glad to see us on their schedule. Our offense might not be flashy or prolific in scoring, but it is going to be punishing and efficient. We are going to pound downfield, eat up clock, rest our top shelf defense while tiring theirs out, and when we get into the redzone, we will be sending out a 6'5" giant, two sure handed veteran possession receivers and a great pass catching TE.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

http://mrwgifs.com/w...on-Boom-Gif.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com