#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Why isn't everyone around her up in arms about this guys second amendment rights standing up to tyrannical Big Government?

You all seem to think in the abstract that this event is precisely what the second amendment is for (it isn't) but now seem to be hemming and hawing since it's not "Obamas jack booted thugs" depriving you (read: well armed white guy) of your liberties.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

When you say "you all" you are including me.  Why?

#17 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Can't be all up in arms about something that only has a 10th of the facts posted. If the No Knock raid was just a random invasion, thats what I'll be upset about? But I assume their was some intel that led them to this raid?  I'd also like to know if he is a lawful gun owner before I advocate for his rights?

#18 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

No knock warrant? That's just the way it goes. Should have had a better plan

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,754 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

There were people here advocating for the Bundy guy before all the facts were out. There were people here advocating for the Trayvon Martin shooter before all the facts were out. People were defending the guy shooting a bad guy holding his daughter hostage and coming up with made up scenarios why before the facts were known.

It would be nice to think that my more right leaning friends are starting to appreciate taking the longer view on issues but my money is on other "factors" in this case making folks take pause, please, please tell me I'm wrong.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

There were people here advocating for the Bundy guy before all the facts were out. There were people here advocating for the Trayvon Martin shooter before all the facts were out. People were defending the guy shooting a bad guy holding his daughter hostage and coming up with made up scenarios why before the facts were known.

It would be nice to think that my more right leaning friends are starting to appreciate taking the longer view on issues but my money is on other "factors" in this case making folks take pause, please, please tell me I'm wrong.

I'm not arguing with what you're saying, I want to know WHO you're talking about... you said "you all" in your previous post and that includes me and I haven't done any of those things.

I'm a staunch believer in taking each and every case by it's own merits.  We don't have all of the facts on this one, and as I mentioned, it looks to me like the more "mainstream media" sources aren't even mentioning this.  The local news stuff on this is all about the police officer that died and what a great guy he was.  None of those sites even mention, or barely mention the circumstances of the situation.

To me, based on what I've read, the guy was justified (under TX law) in defending his home.  I understand WHY the cops arrested and charged him, but I disagree with those charges.  As I've also already stated, I'm very curious, since Mr. Guy is black, as to whether or not he gets indicted for murder, especially since a white man in this exact same situation was NOT indicted.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,754 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

That is all a reasonable assessment, and I was making a general statement not something directed at you in particular.

#22 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm sorry but some of these police departments want to act like the military so bad it's sad. Let's look at some fine police work:

http://abcnews.go.co.../story?id=95475

http://www.huffingto..._n_3727241.html

http://www.policeone...-investigation/

http://www.mrconserv...at-wrong-house/

http://www.policemag...-homeowner.aspx

http://gawker.com/te...ame-b-925332964

Yeah, it's not like we should hold a police department accountable right?

#23 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

It doesn't really matter why they went to arrest him. You can't break into somebodies window in the middle of the night and not expect retaliation of some sort. At the very minimum give him a chance to surrender. Charging this man with murder is just some stupid ego trip because he killed an officer. Whatever. I bet they knock and announce themselves next time. This has Tray on 2.0 written all over it and I hope to god they just let him go since he has apparently done nothing wrong.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#24 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm telling you this could have been any of us. The police in this country have decided that they don't need credible evidence to break into your house at 5 o'clock in the morning. Just the word of some crook who is trying to save his own ass (literally). This is what happens when you ignore the constitution.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.