Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot in Herre

86 posts in this topic

Posted

AGW has overwhelming support among scientists, and yes, among the experts in the field (publishing climate scientists) that study this stuff or a living there is a 97% consensus that humans are the primary driver of the current climate change, which has been shown in several studies over the last decades.

yeah yeah, but what about the autists that make up the association of professional engineers? and can someone please poll the american federation of astrologers? i think we need more opinions from people who probably wouldn't even know how to find the literature, much less comprehend it

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

Posted

Best info I can find has the current rate of warming at around 0.6°C/century. I can certainly buy that a portion of that is due to anthropogenic origins, but the "consensus" doesn't really indicate how much outside of natural variability. That seems to be a huge problem with this whole issue: fuzzy definitions. On top of that, most model projections are failing against real world observations over the past thirty years.

1 person likes this