Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

What are the rules here

89 posts in this topic

I don't know how many times I've been riding my mountain bike in the Rockies and said, damn I need a gun in this bitch.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

have you thought about getting a can of mace that would ward it off (perhaps permanently) instead of pulling out your gun and shooting it?

3 people like this

Dude should be pulling a howitzer behind his bike

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

have you thought about getting a can of mace that would ward it off (perhaps permanently) instead of pulling out your gun and shooting it?

No way mace is going to stopped a pit bull.

Either find somewhere else to ride or be ready to put it down when it dies attack you.

Seriously, I would report the dog to the authorities. If it does not go after you, it is likely to hurt someone else.

Mace not a bad idea.  Will cover all with the cops and let em know what's up.

Not going to dodge the place as I live kinda close and it would seem better to be prepared that just try to evade this thing.  There are kids on bikes that travel this road constantly so this thing probably broke its chain or got out some way.

1 person likes this

Go ahead and file a report to animal control. 

If a 5-6 year old kid on a bike gets mauled tomorrow because the lady wasn't warned...then it's on her. 

I have a 3 strikes rule.  Pit bull came into my yard once...with my young kids outside.  Told them to stay in the pool and I'll work this dog out.  Got him out and reported to animal control.  Second time he was dragging a logging chain.  Again...called animal control.  3rd time I was going to shoot it, but there was a nice bulldog with it.  Trapped the pit in back fenced in area and called AC again and had it forcibly removed and taken away.  Bulldog was new neighbors and it was released to them. 

Last two events I had my pistol with me and any aggressive movement was going to cost that dog his life. 

Go ahead and file a report to animal control. 

If a 5-6 year old kid on a bike gets mauled tomorrow because the lady wasn't warned...then it's on her. 

I have a 3 strikes rule.  Pit bull came into my yard once...with my young kids outside.  Told them to stay in the pool and I'll work this dog out.  Got him out and reported to animal control.  Second time he was dragging a logging chain.  Again...called animal control.  3rd time I was going to shoot it, but there was a nice bulldog with it.  Trapped the pit in back fenced in area and called AC again and had it forcibly removed and taken away.  Bulldog was new neighbors and it was released to them. 

Last two events I had my pistol with me and any aggressive movement was going to cost that dog his life. 

Do you know the disposition of the pit once it was removed the last time? Was it euthanized or held or returned to owner?

Yeah it's funny. Some dogs will come at you and all they want is a new friend. And others want to bite your ankles. And a select few seem like they will bite your throat. 

My dog barks at butterflies like they are an an alien invasion but if you make a single step towards him he rolls over on his back.

But sometimes as a runner or biker you got no clue. I dunno what the laws are but I recall my dad shooting a dog with birdshot in the ass when he came on our farm and chased me in the house. Owner called and was pissed and pop said same thing will happen again your call if he chases my kid...

I love dogs but if my mutt was uncontrolled and tried to actually attack someone? Shoot that fugger in the head. 

Go ride somewhere else because some redneck idiot wants to keep a ticking time bomb.  What if I were a kid?  I will find out from the sheriffs office and go from there.  This dog can be heard barking anywhere near that house, today he got out, or was let out.  I don't plan on being a victim

Next time, shoot the irresponsible pet owner and adopt the dog so you can properly train it to behave.

The world will be a better place with one less stupid pet owner.