Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the rules here

89 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And you chose a pit as a pet based on what?

Posted · Report post

And you chose a pit as a pet based on what?

Those aren't mine. I have a beagle/aussie mix that I found one day when out riding the horse.

Posted · Report post

So weird I've lived my whole life without thinking gee I wish I had a gun to shoot this dog, it's almost like not having one with me wherever I go makes me think more about solving problems without shooting something as my go to option

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

Do you know the disposition of the pit once it was removed the last time? Was it euthanized or held or returned to owner?

Didn't follow up.  Haven't seen the dog again. 

Posted · Report post

So weird I've lived my whole life without thinking gee I wish I had a gun to shoot this dog, it's almost like not having one with me wherever I go makes me think more about solving problems without shooting something as my go to option

You can be the official HPBW (Huddle Pit Bull Whisperer)

You can reason with it.  Maybe you and he can go to counseling together.  You can do that funny little "schhhh" sound while poking him in the side.  You can even make snarky comments to him.  All this will surely have his tail between his legs in no time.

Posted · Report post

Go ahead and file a report to animal control. 

If a 5-6 year old kid on a bike gets mauled tomorrow because the lady wasn't warned...then it's on her. 

I have a 3 strikes rule.  Pit bull came into my yard once...with my young kids outside.  Told them to stay in the pool and I'll work this dog out.  Got him out and reported to animal control.  Second time he was dragging a logging chain.  Again...called animal control.  3rd time I was going to shoot it, but there was a nice bulldog with it.  Trapped the pit in back fenced in area and called AC again and had it forcibly removed and taken away.  Bulldog was new neighbors and it was released to them. 

Last two events I had my pistol with me and any aggressive movement was going to cost that dog his life. 

you are such a badass

Posted · Report post

You can be the official HPBW (Huddle Pit Bull Whisperer)

You can reason with it. Maybe you and he can go to counseling together. You can do that funny little "schhhh" sound while poking him in the side. You can even make snarky comments to him. All this will surely have his tail between his legs in no time.

Or just act like a smarter being than just a more powerful one.

Posted · Report post

You should rent yourself out CWG, the world needs you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lucwa_zGoDQ

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would take a gun and scare the dog. I would put the gun in my mouth and tell him to come at me I'm crazy enough to pull the trigger. If the dog makes a move pull the trigger. Trust me that will teach him to fuck with a crazy man.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I talked with one city cop, two sherrif deputies and one person at animal control this morning.

I will purchase some bear or pepper mace, but the bottom line is, if I feel like I am going to be attacked and it has come off its property, I have every right to shoot the dog.

Not planning on it, but won't have a problem with it if attacked.

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure what's more alarming, the pit bull, or the fact that stirs has a carry/conceal.

Posted · Report post

BEWARE OF STIRS

1 person likes this