Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

What are the rules here

89 posts in this topic

Hahaha.  Sometimes, stirs, I love your posts.

Did you ever hear from the sheriff, btw?  Sorry, not keeping up with this post, because I really have nothing to add.  Just curious what they said.

Yep, mentioned earlier in the thread that I talked with a city cop, two county deputies and animal control.  All said that if the animal was agressive and attacked, I could take it out.  Actually, it does not even have to attack as in grabbing me by the leg, if it lunges at me, I am good.

The animal control guy said if it leaves their property and comes toward me agressively, I can take it out.  Animal control also said that bear spray will stop them most of time, thus the purchase.

Not planning on being a victim, but just want to ride my bike.  I truly hate they have this dog because there are kids that go up and down this road.  They can't buy bear spray nor carry a pistol.  Thinking of having CWG HPBW contact them.

1 person likes this

Aw, stirs can't carry out vigilante dog justice without getting hassled

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yep, mentioned earlier in the thread that I talked with a city cop, two county deputies and animal control.  All said that if the animal was agressive and attacked, I could take it out.  Actually, it does not even have to attack as in grabbing me by the leg, if it lunges at me, I am good.

The animal control guy said if it leaves their property and comes toward me agressively, I can take it out.  Animal control also said that bear spray will stop them most of time, thus the purchase.

Not planning on being a victim, but just want to ride my bike.  I truly hate they have this dog because there are kids that go up and down this road.  They can't buy bear spray nor carry a pistol.  Thinking of having CWG HPBW contact them.

It really frustrates me how irresponsible some dog owners are.  I do not know the situation in particular, the dog in particular, nor the owners, so I don't mean to cast blame on them, but it sucks for anyone to be put in this situation like you were.  You are right to be concerned for other local people and kids.  I personally don't care about dog breeds, as working with vet techs for a few years now has convinced me that any dog can be raised poorly or well, but you have no idea on a dog's temperament when it's roaming without an owner nearby.

I'm glad you found a solution outside of taking the life of the dog, tho, and I was curious to hear what the authorities said.  Thanks for the update.

I think Scrum could have used some of that on his cruise a few years back

1 person likes this

It really frustrates me how irresponsible some dog owners are.  I do not know the situation in particular, the dog in particular, nor the owners, so I don't mean to cast blame on them, but it sucks for anyone to be put in this situation like you were.  You are right to be concerned for other local people and kids.  I personally don't care about dog breeds, as working with vet techs for a few years now has convinced me that any dog can be raised poorly or well, but you have no idea on a dog's temperament when it's roaming without an owner nearby.

I'm glad you found a solution outside of taking the life of the dog, tho, and I was curious to hear what the authorities said.  Thanks for the update.

There was a toddler killed about 25 miles from here a few months back at its own home.  Just got too close while playing outside and was within reach of the pit bull.  Killed the tot within seconds.  That is the kind of stuff that breaks your heart and induces a quiet anger within.

If all the pecker measurers here have to lose a child before getting off their liberal soapbox, then so be it.  I would not mind if the breed went extinct myself.  I find no use for them and that might not be popular, but, not sure what positive purpose they serve that another breed could not serve.

Send them all to the Mother Teresa of Pit Bulls, one CWG.  He will talk some sense into them, snark them to death, or bore them out of their mind.  Actually, after being there for awhile, they will probaby just kill themselves.

Throwing pit bulls as a breed under the bus while quoting a post that correctly says it's how the animal is raised thats the issue, that sounds about right for a knee jerk lash out reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

if this animal gets out and kills a kid, all these progressive dick lickers will be singing a different tune

1 person likes this

There have already been threads about pit bulls, rottweilers and such on here.  Making the owners responsible is one thing, but that is normally after the fact.  Why wait till a kid dies just so you can punish the owner? So many of these morons get these attack dogs for God knows what reason, and i doubt they care about the "what ifs".

There have already been threads about pit bulls, rottweilers and such on here.  Making the owners responsible is one thing, but that is normally after the fact.  Why wait till a kid dies just so you can punish the owner? So many of these morons get these attack dogs for God knows what reason, and i doubt they care about the "what ifs".

Do you think they wouldn't get a dog if pit bulls, as a breed, were non-existent?  Or would they just get a rottweiler, pinscher, or German shepard?  And if so, do you really think the outcome would be different?

Do you think they wouldn't get a dog if pit bulls, as a breed, were non-existent?  Or would they just get a rottweiler, pinscher, or German shepard?  And if so, do you really think the outcome would be different?

I totally understand the thinking.  But, studies have shown that pits are the chief offender, so they are the dog of choice for idiots, rednecks, drug trafickers, etc.  It might just be that they are the easiest to "go bad"

Growing up, some people would have a bad German Shepard here and there, but you just didn't hear of the carnage that you do with pits.

1 person likes this