88 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Go ahead and file a report to animal control. 

If a 5-6 year old kid on a bike gets mauled tomorrow because the lady wasn't warned...then it's on her. 

I have a 3 strikes rule.  Pit bull came into my yard once...with my young kids outside.  Told them to stay in the pool and I'll work this dog out.  Got him out and reported to animal control.  Second time he was dragging a logging chain.  Again...called animal control.  3rd time I was going to shoot it, but there was a nice bulldog with it.  Trapped the pit in back fenced in area and called AC again and had it forcibly removed and taken away.  Bulldog was new neighbors and it was released to them. 

Last two events I had my pistol with me and any aggressive movement was going to cost that dog his life. 

#17 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,712 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

If a 5-6 year old kid on a bike gets mauled tomorrow because the lady wasn't warned...then it's on her. 

I have a 3 strikes rule.  Pit bull came into my yard once...with my young kids outside.  Told them to stay in the pool and I'll work this dog out.  Got him out and reported to animal control.  Second time he was dragging a logging chain.  Again...called animal control.  3rd time I was going to shoot it, but there was a nice bulldog with it.  Trapped the pit in back fenced in area and called AC again and had it forcibly removed and taken away.  Bulldog was new neighbors and it was released to them. 

Last two events I had my pistol with me and any aggressive movement was going to cost that dog his life. 

Do you know the disposition of the pit once it was removed the last time? Was it euthanized or held or returned to owner?

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Yeah it's funny. Some dogs will come at you and all they want is a new friend. And others want to bite your ankles. And a select few seem like they will bite your throat. 

My dog barks at butterflies like they are an an alien invasion but if you make a single step towards him he rolls over on his back.

But sometimes as a runner or biker you got no clue. I dunno what the laws are but I recall my dad shooting a dog with birdshot in the ass when he came on our farm and chased me in the house. Owner called and was pissed and pop said same thing will happen again your call if he chases my kid...

I love dogs but if my mutt was uncontrolled and tried to actually attack someone? Shoot that fugger in the head. 

#19 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

kill the murderdog, imo

#20 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Go ride somewhere else because some redneck idiot wants to keep a ticking time bomb.  What if I were a kid?  I will find out from the sheriffs office and go from there.  This dog can be heard barking anywhere near that house, today he got out, or was let out.  I don't plan on being a victim

Next time, shoot the irresponsible pet owner and adopt the dog so you can properly train it to behave.

The world will be a better place with one less stupid pet owner.

#21 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

You Paid A Dollar For This?

• HUDDLER
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

Ya jeebus ride your bike somewhere else, not in your neighborhood. That lady should be able to run her dog wherever she likes. And if the dog rips the face off a 7 year old kid remember it's not the dog's fault, the owner is to blame. So no harm, no foul. 

#22 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Pit bull owner charged after Hampton attacks

By Rachel West, Andy Fox
Published: March 31, 2014, 11:35 am

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – A Hampton dog owner is facing charges after police say her two pit bulls viciously attacked five people Monday. WAVY.com has learned her dogs may have attacked before.

A police officer was among those bitten. That officer killed one of the dogs. Animal Control and other officers later secured the other K9, according to the Hampton Police Division.

The five victims were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The homeowner says she was not at home when the attack took place, and claims she had instructed family members not to let the dogs out of the house.

It all began at 10:52 a.m. when police responded to a 911 call coming from the 600 block of Bell Street. The preliminary investigation revealed that when the homeowner’s great-niece opened the door for the female mail carrier, the dogs ran out of the home and attacked the mail carrier. Angelique Hood, who is the homeowner’s niece, went out to help and was attacked as well.

Angelique Hood remains in the hospital with severe tendon injuries in her arm from the attack. The great-niece was seen walking down the street, but did not want to talk to WAVY.com. Her father said she has 20 puncture wounds in her arm and had to get a few stitches.

A police officer and an animal control officer who arrived on scene tried to contain one of the dogs for quarantine, but they too were bitten in the process.

All of the victims have injuries to their legs and arms.

Police asked everyone in the area to stay inside their homes, and Bassett Elementary School, which is adjacent to the homeowner’s backyard, was placed on lockdown until the second dog was secured, police and school officials confirmed.

Read more here...
http://wavy.com/2014...ted-in-hampton/

#23 SmokinwithWilly

SmokinwithWilly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

I've been in a similar situation and called AC. They showed up and told me the dog was looking for a dog biscuit. Seriously? The dog cornered my wife and charged me on another instance. I called AC again, this time they showed up and I had my gun drawn on the dog. AC finally took the dog because it was being aggressive when they showed up. They also told me I should prepare for a lawsuit if I had shot the dog without it having made physical contact. Evidently its fairly common and while I probably wouldn't lose, the defense could cost between 25-250k.

I would carry some type of pepper spray, a collapsible baton, or even a stun gun, though I'm honestly not sure how it would work on a dog. Two of the best dogs I have ever met were pits. They are great family dogs, but they have to be properly socialized from a puppy. They can be very protective of their family. Its all in how they are raised and how well the dog was bred.

#24 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,556 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

Here you can see him going for my throat. And then teaching his pups how to finish me off

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Attached Files

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,978 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

And you chose a pit as a pet based on what?

#26 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,556 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

And you chose a pit as a pet based on what?

Those aren't mine. I have a beagle/aussie mix that I found one day when out riding the horse.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,402 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

So weird I've lived my whole life without thinking gee I wish I had a gun to shoot this dog, it's almost like not having one with me wherever I go makes me think more about solving problems without shooting something as my go to option

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Do you know the disposition of the pit once it was removed the last time? Was it euthanized or held or returned to owner?

Didn't follow up.  Haven't seen the dog again. 

#29 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,978 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

So weird I've lived my whole life without thinking gee I wish I had a gun to shoot this dog, it's almost like not having one with me wherever I go makes me think more about solving problems without shooting something as my go to option

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

You can be the official HPBW (Huddle Pit Bull Whisperer)

You can reason with it.  Maybe you and he can go to counseling together.  You can do that funny little "schhhh" sound while poking him in the side.  You can even make snarky comments to him.  All this will surely have his tail between his legs in no time.

#30 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,560 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

you are such a badass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com