Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread

500 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What about someone like Evan Turner? He didn't get to play much in Indiana so he may be had for cheaper than what he would have.

I was on his wagon before the trade. I jumped quickly off. Do not want. He single handily fugged Indy up.

Posted · Report post

(1) Lance Stephenson, SG
(2) Eric Bledsoe, PG

PG: Kemba Walker / Eric Bledsoe / Gary Neal
SG: Lance Stephenson / P.J. Hairston / Gerald Henderson
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Jeff Taylor
PF: Noah Vonleh / Cody Zeller
C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo

Easily TOP3 in the EAST!!!

Posted · Report post

I don't know why anyone would want Deng at this point. Bledsoe might be a good pick up, but I'd want, and I think they'd prefer, a taller back up PG. In some ways, he's probably better than Kemba. I'd start off by going after Chandler Parsons, who can play SF and PF. Get me some guys in here who can legitimately play more than one position. SG should be able to play SF...PG should be able to legitimately play some SG. That kind of thing. Build a versatile squad with interchangeable parts, and you will win before you're supposed to.

Posted · Report post

Bledsoe was moved to the two last year and it would take a max to get him from PHX. He had a phenomenal year and is a starter in this league.

Posted · Report post

I don't know why anyone would want Deng at this point. Bledsoe might be a good pick up, but I'd want, and I think they'd prefer, a taller back up PG. In some ways, he's probably better than Kemba. I'd start off by going after Chandler Parsons, who can play SF and PF. Get me some guys in here who can legitimately play more than one position. SG should be able to play SF...PG should be able to legitimately play some SG. That kind of thing. Build a versatile squad with interchangeable parts, and you will win before you're supposed to.

Bledsoe is a two guard; better than Kemba. And, Lance could play the point especially the pick and roll. There's two guys at area of needs that can play more than just one position. Plus, two very good defenders. We would be highly athletic and at the same time, even better on defense.

Posted · Report post

Bledsoe was moved to the two last year and it would take a max to get him from PHX. He had a phenomenal year and is a starter in this league.

How do you think Ennis will impact what Pheonix will do with Bledsoe? I think he won't be back in Pheonix.

Bledsoe is also too small to play the 2.

If Im Pheonix, let him walk and spend that money on Gasol.

Posted · Report post

Bledsoe is a two guard; better than Kemba. And, Lance could play the point especially the pick and roll. There's two guys at area of needs that can play more than just one position. Plus, two very good defenders. We would be highly athletic and at the same time, even better on defense.

They would definitely help the team, but there are other guys that could be named that I'd probably be happier with, although it would be interesting if they brought in Lance Stephenson around PJ Hairston. This team might be hated by many "casual fans" and "overreactors" for no reason at all. That could be fun. 

I'm just waiting to see Henderson traded, and how that move helps. Nothing else left to do would make this offseason more interesting for me than that. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just a thought. What if we don't just release Gee?

Chicago wants cap relief to go after Carmelo. What if we trade Gee and a future second round pick for Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Chicago cuts Gee, and gets a 2nd rd. pick

Hornets get Dunleavy to back up MKG, and add more perimeter shooting
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

July 1st will take forever to get here.

Posted · Report post

July 1st will take forever to get here.

Disagree. The weekend always flies for obvious reasons, so before you know it Monday, June 30th will be here. Then it's just waiting until midnight, lol. 

Posted · Report post

Just a thought. What if we don't just release Gee?

Chicago wants cap relief to go after Carmelo. What if we trade Gee and a future second round pick for Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Chicago cuts Gee, and gets a 2nd rd. pick

Hornets get Dunleavy to back up MKG, and add more perimeter shooting

I'd rather get Chandler Parsons or Gordon Hayward and let MKG be the back up. 

I would prefer Parsons. Taller/longer than Hayward, more athletic, and can play the 3 or 4 depending on the lineup. 

Posted · Report post

I personally don't think Hayward or parsons will help us that much. They have future bad contract written all over them.