• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Reading the ESPN thread got me wondering.

Not being a homer here, but I think we repeat.

1. Carolina

2 (very close second) New Orleans.

3. Tampa Bay

$ Atlanta

I can see the Saints winning it again this year, but I think our D will be even better

and I see us finishing no less than second.

Seems like every one but David Newton makes knee jerk predictions because "they lost a lot

in free agency."  This team has learned how to win and they are still very hungry.  We won't be losing to

teams like Buffalo this year.  The only teams that will be us will be very good teams, or we get a bad break

from the refs.

Am I being a homer?

How do you see the division shaking out?

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,315 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

The NFCS should be one of the top conferences.

I think it'll be real close again this year.

The Saints should improve with Cooks and an even better defense, but they will have to prove they can win on the road.

The Falcons could be dangerous once again if Julio and Roddy stay 100%.

The Bucs could be very good....if they had a quarterback.  If McCown gets it together watch out.

As we all know, the Panthers second ranked defense should only be better next year, and that alone should keep us every single game.  I'm optimistic with the WR group. I think they will be a big surprise to a lot of casual fans.  The offensive line will not be as terrible as some think.

Panthers edge Saints once again for the NFCS crown.  Every single game is huge though.

1. Panthers

2. Saints

3. Falcons

4. Bucs

Edited by Cary Kollins, 27 June 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#3 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hate to say it but I think the Saints finish in 1st with us in 2nd grabbing a wildcard spot. Hard to repeat in the NFC South.

#4 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hate to say it but I think the Saints finish in 1st with us in 2nd grabbing a wildcard spot. Hard to repeat in the NFC South.

And if that happens, Alice will come back here bragging about his fake Saints fandom

Edited by TheWake, 27 June 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#5 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

I like D. Newton's pick of Underwood and his mentioning of Ginn's turn around to back it up. I think the division shakes out like this:
Carolina: 11-5
New Orleans: 10-6
Tampa Bay: 8-8
Atlanta: 7-9

Yes, I am a little biased. However, with a top 2 defense that we believe has actually improved. (Addition of Ealy/Cason/Decoud, Godfrey's switch, more experience for each player and for the defense as a unit) Also, with what we believe is a slightly improved offense (better fit for scheme/increased redzone weapons/Cam's progression, which will also help our defense), we should be able to methodically score more points than our defense allows. At least that seems to be the idea. Oh yeah, lets not forget the fact our team is pumped and ready to prove last year was no fluke; and we have a whole new WR line-up ready to show they are not the 'sorriest receivers'. So.....yeh......call me optimistic.

#6 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

I will say i put ATL last because I believe they have the worst defense and it is going to be hard to win by shoot-out every week with our schedule. Saints' defense is legit, ours is crucial (assuming we continue the success), and Tampa's looks to be improved with new players and defensive head coach. I just don't see teams in the NFC South winning games against one another without great defensive production. We will see though.

Edited by mbarbour21, 27 June 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#7 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

The only thing I can say right now is that the Bucs will likely finish last.

#8 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Panthers win the South.

rest of division does not win the South.

Edited by KJ89, 27 June 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#9 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I doubt we go 5-1 in the division again, but we'll see.

#10 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Panthers win the South till Newton retires

#11 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I see it very close. I think McCown is going to flop in TB and they won't do as hot as expected. ATL will be above average but not good enough for Smith to save his job.

1-Saints 12-4
2-Panthers (WC) 10-6
3-Falcons 9-7
4-Bucs 6-10

#12 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

I see it very close. I think McCown is going to flop in TB and they won't do as hot as expected. ATL will be above average but not good enough for Smith to save his job.

1-Saints 12-4
2-Panthers (WC) 10-6
3-Falcons 9-7
4-Bucs 6-10

Think Lovie can get em 6 huh? We'll see, that team had chemistry issues too. I could see them just tossing in the towel. Same with the Falcons. Who are their motivational leaders on those squads?

#13 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Saints

Panthers

Falcons

Bucs

The Saints have the better team imo, and I think Bucs are going to be terrible with McCown. Sweep the Bucs, dog fight with the Falcons, and we might be swept by the Saints.

#14 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Think Lovie can get em 6 huh? We'll see, that team had chemistry issues too. I could see them just tossing in the towel. Same with the Falcons. Who are their motivational leaders on those squads?

The best motivational leaders for the Bucs are their cheerleaders. The new jerseys will help too haha

#15 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,578 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

its such a toss up, but i think the Bucs will be pretty damn good but it will take them another year to really compete

i think the falcons trenches are gonna inhibit what they do even with a healthy julio the teams in the south are just too good on the defensive lines.

we battle the saints again for the top spot. honestly its a toss up. no clue what will happen.

Edited by TheRumGone, 27 June 2014 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com