Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big A

Saints top contender to field best defense in NFL this year!

165 posts in this topic

Should be as spot on as the rest. Let me refresh your memory:

Saints offense would still be ok without Payton since Carmichael designs most of the plays and consults Brees. Got that one

sCam wouldn't avoid the sophomore slump. Looks like he wasn't much better the following year either.

Ryan would help turn around defense and make them at least average. Way got that one.

Our DEs were going to have breakout seasons. I assume everyone knows who Junior Galette is this time,

How spot on was this one from the 2012 offseason? Greg Romeus is just like a first round pick, am I right? The Saints Defense could only get better? Bill Parcells will be able to help Sean Payton out? A sophomore slump from Cam equals sweeping the Saints?

Who Dat Pat, on 03 Apr 2012 - 5:16 PM, said:snapback.png

After a second day of meeting between Goodell and NFL players union, information on players likely to see punishment was just released. Of the names given, only Will Smith and Vilma are current Saints players named.

Luckily, Lofton was brought in to replace Vilma along with some new LB's such as Hawthorne. As for Smith, Saint were still able to win all the games he missed as well as have recent picks from past two years that spend last year IR, such as Greg Romeus. Romeus would have been a 1st round but was injured. After a year of NFL grade conditioning, Romeus has potential to be a great pass rusher and is like we got a 1st round pass rusher this year.

GM Loomis is only being punished after his work is done at beginning of season.

Asst Vitt only has 6 games and could be reduced.

Payton could still end up out the full year, but his mentor Parcells could step in and babysit as Payton has spent the past two weeks planning out the season and leaving tons of lists ready as well as will be able to have contact with the staff during th season!

Bottom line. For those that thought Goodell would gut the Saints and make them less competitive, looks liked the dream is over, NFC South Champs Saints with best offense in history and new and improved defense is coming! WHO DAT!

How spot on was this one from the 2012 offseason? Greg Romeus is just like a first round pick, am I right? The Saints Defense could only get better? Bill Parcells will be able to help Sean Payton out? A sophomore slump from Cam equals sweeping the Saints?

Romeus was projected to be a an early or first round pick prior to injury. He got injured again prior to 2012 and was waived, but that doesn't change the fact he was considered a top pick. Where is that wrong?

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/05/new_orleans_saints_waive_defen_1.html

I said Parcels "could step in". He considered it and decided against it. Where is that wrong?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sean-Payton-to-meet-with-bill-Parcells-about-Saints-coaching-search-032712

Cams sophomore slump might have been broken towards end of season, but even your local paper and every sports outlet acknowledges he had a sophomore slump. Where is that wrong?

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12/13/2541837/cam-newtons-sophomore-slump-is.html

If you call 4,610 total yards with 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions a slump, then you really are completely clueless.

Cam actually had 646 yards less in 2013 than he did in 2012.

1 person likes this

If you call 4,610 total yards with 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions a slump, then you really are completely clueless.

Rushing or passing?

*rimshot*

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

In 8 qtrs of football Saints won 41-30. 

That has to be one of your more idiotic posts.You have quite a few candidates for top honor but this is definitely a top contender.

Looks at all these clueless people talking about a nonexistent slump:

I think it's a great question, I thought the offensive play calling over the first 4 games of the season was terrible but at the same time Cam has been going through a slump.

I'd say its 50/50

What a dumbass that a Doc Holiday, he's so clueless!

That's your response? Searching for a post made nearly two years ago?

The post you referenced doesn't make you or that poster any less wrong.

I hate when people bring up the nonexistent slump. Those are the people that didn't watch any Panthers games that season.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Funny thing about this slump garbage, that was the same season Cam threw a record 176 consecutive passes without an interception

1 person likes this

The Saints are the only team in the NFL that can go from the second seed to almost out of the playoffs

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this