Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers should sign Tim Howard

52 posts in this topic

Posted

I have to say that Howard showed out yesterday. You shouldn't expect your goalie to have 16 saves in a world cup game. I am proud of our team. It was cool watching new fans and people who knew nothing about soccer begin to support this team. It was a little heart breaking to see them play so hard yet come up short in the end. Good effort Team USA!

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't Tony Meola try out for an NFL team in the mid 90s?  I don't think that worked out well for him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Most of America...

20 years ago

How many latinos are living in USA?

52 millions? you have 52 millions of fans already.

Not bad this is much more than us.

Posted

20 years ago

How many latinos are living in USA?

52 millions? you have 52 millions of fans already.

Not bad this is much more than us.

There is a weird American thing to downplay and disparage the sport. I think that sports fans think it's the edgy thing to do. I don't really understand it but it's a thing. I'm not a big fan but I could certainly find myself more into it than baseball or basketball.

1 person likes this

Posted

A lot of kickers come from soccer. I know that barth in Tampa got poached from my high schools soccer team to kick for our football team. I think it worked out well for him haha. Oh and Tim can kick for us too:

1 person likes this

Posted

Soccer is going to be a major sport in this country sooner rather than later, the money is there and growing. And we have room, our sports obsession is practically unlimited. The rest of the world is already resigned to the fact that we will be a future force. Now we just have to get football exported at a better rate, which is hard because it's so expensive to play.

Posted

Every world cup we hear about how soccer is taking america by storm, how it's the new big sport, blah blah. Then 3 months after the world up everyone forgets about it again. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Every world cup we hear about how soccer is taking america by storm, how it's the new big sport, blah blah. Then 3 months after the world up everyone forgets about it again.

Just because ESPN forgets about it doesn't mean the rest of the country does.

1 person likes this

Posted

After tuning into this World Cup I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather watch soccer than baseball, hockey, nascar, or wrasslin'.

1 person likes this

Posted

today, I bought my tickets for the Liverpool/AC Milan game at BOA on August 2nd. my first pro game, even though i've followed soccer since I was a kid and played until HS.

Like it was said above, just because ESPN forgets about it, doesn't mean the rest of the country will

Posted

Soccer fans always say soccer is ready to take off. But it never does. Sorry, but it is still going to take years for it to become main stream. If it ever does.

It is worse than watching flies fu(k. Boring as all get out. 90 minutes of action for a half dozen plays. Figure out a way to make it more exciting, then maybe it will take off.

That, and no one knows when the damm game is going to end. I mean, who keeps the clock? Does anyone? Do they just add some time to make the fans hang around that much longer?