• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#16 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I hope that $5 mill they saved will be worth it when he leaves to play with Tom Brady and gets paid fairly. I'm not Jimmy fan, but I feel he got shafted. The rules clearly state that if you lined up a majority of the time at one position you get paid as such, he was like 70% of the time lined up as a WR I think? The guy led the league in TDs last year..... stay classy Saints.

So when he gets paid more than Gronk, he won't be getting paid "fairly"? It was 67% of the time he was lined up in the slot. That has as much to do with his deficiencies as a blocker as it does anything. Tell me, if he was ruled a wide receiver, would his records for tight ends in the record books be erased? Would he be on the Pro-Bowl ballot as a WR?

#17 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

So when he gets paid more than Gronk, he won't be getting paid "fairly"? It was 67% of the time he was lined up in the slot. That has as much to do with his deficiencies as a blocker as it does anything. Tell me, if he was ruled a wide receiver, would his records for tight ends in the record books be erased? Would he be on the Pro-Bowl ballot as a WR?

It doesn't really matter what you or I think, the rules clearly state that he should be paid as a WR.  I'm honestly surprised the NFLPA isn't throwing hands in air over this. 

I'm not sure there are rules of the Pro Bowl as in position eligibility but it's probably a different set of rules so therefore, it doesn't really matter how the ruling went for a franchise tag, same with records, where there is also defined requirements. 

#18 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

It doesn't really matter what you or I think, the rules clearly state that he should be paid as a WR. I'm honestly surprised the NFLPA isn't throwing hands in air over this.

I'm not sure there are rules of the Pro Bowl as in position eligibility but it's probably a different set of rules so therefore, it doesn't really matter how the ruling went for a franchise tag, same with records, where there is also defined requirements.

What the rules don't clearly state is where the tight end position is suppose to line up. Tight ends have been split out wide since Kellen Winslow and Mike Ditka. I'm sure there were numbers on the percent of snaps other tight ends lined up split out that were taken into consideration.

#19 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

He'll appeal and possibly win it on an appeal. And if he doesn't he'll certainly holdout and cause the Aints a lot of headaches. I love the situation either way because they don't have the cap room to pay him any more than the TE tag. Idiots.

#20 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

What the rules don't clearly state is where the tight end position is suppose to line up. Tight ends have been split out wide since Kellen Winslow and Mike Ditka. I'm sure there were numbers on the percent of snaps other tight ends lined up split out that were taken into consideration.

So that is a problem the NFLPA and whatnot need to figure out, but just because their rules are old fashioned doesn't mean it doesn't state that he should get WR money. 

#21 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Tell me, if he was ruled a wide receiver, would his records for tight ends in the record books be erased? Would he be on the Pro-Bowl ballot as a WR?

This. Graham was a TE. Period. HE was drafted as a TE, played as a TE and considers himself a TE. 

If Graham is going to be considered and paid as a WR, then ALL his records as a TE should be erased. 

This whole situation is nothing more than a greedy pig wanting more money. Good win for the Saints org. I HATE defending the Saints and this ass hat has made me do that. F**k you Jimmy!

Edited by BANE, 02 July 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#22 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

So that is a problem the NFLPA and whatnot need to figure out, but just because their rules are old fashioned doesn't mean it doesn't state that he should get WR money. 

He doesnt need WR money because the bum isn't a WR. He's a TE. When he was drafted, they called him a TE. On the Saints roster it says TE. On Grahams own f'ing personal twitter account it says TIGHT END. He's a TE, the clown just wants a fatter check than the exorbitant amount of money the guy already has. 

#23 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,818 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

I love it when a plan comes together

#24 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

He doesnt need WR money because the bum isn't a WR. He's a TE. When he was drafted, they called him a TE. On the Saints roster it says TE. On Grahams own f'ing personal twitter account it says TIGHT END. He's a TE, the clown just wants a fatter check than the exorbitant amount of money the guy already has. 

You realize the team is way more rich than the player right? 

Once again, it doesn't matter what MY or YOU opinion is, the rules say he should be paid lol.  Why is this hard?

Would he have led the league with 16 TD's if he never lined up as a WR?

#25 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

Get pissed and leave Jimmy!!

He can't.  Saints can do it again next year and cost him another 5 or 6 million.

#26 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

Average WR 98 pct Graham 67 pct Average TE

28 pct

Not only did Graham spend the majority of his time split out wide, that number (67%) falls closer to the average WR than the average TE.

#27 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Good. He IS a TE. The whole thing was dumb.

#28 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

You realize the team is way more rich than the player right? 

Once again, it doesn't matter what MY or YOU opinion is, the rules say he should be paid lol.  Why is this hard?

Would he have led the league with 16 TD's if he never lined up as a WR?

Obviously the rules are left up to interpretation or Jimmy would be paid as a WR, he's not paid as a WR because he's not a WR, he's a TE.

I don't care how much more money the team has than Graham, he's making enough damn money that he doesnt need to go whining asking for more because he claims he's playing a position he's NOT playing. If Graham wants more money as a TE thats one thing, but to outright LIE about the spot you are playing? Give me a damn break.

This whole thing wouldn't of been so bad, but the moron had to go and call HIMSELF a tight end. LOL, the dumbass was arguing he was a WR when he lists himself and considers himself as a Tight End. I swear the whole 'meat head' NFL player cliche stays alive because of Neanderthals like Graham.

Edited by BANE, 02 July 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#29 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

I cant say I am shocked that the position he has always played and he makes the Pro Bowl as is declared his position.

#30 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

He called himself a TE because the team wanted him too.  If he didn't do that, he would be called a "bad teammate" by everyone else and the fans lol.  He probably expected to be paid fairly for what he brings to the team.

So basically you are saying it's OK for a team to play a player at another position, other than what they list him as, but then franchise tag him for 2 years so it's cheaper?  Does this seem moral?   Where does it end?  What about other positions?  What if other teams start doing this as well?   I know athletes make crazy money, but he deserves to get paid for his production like others do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com