Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jmac

Josh Gordon arrested again.....

Haha, this makes no sense. It is the Chewbacca defense of posts.

It makes plenty of sense when you understand that it's a shot at the fanbase. 

No, it doesn't, but you have fun with it anyway.

Key word was "understand." If you lack that ingredient, then no, it wouldn't.

"Fanbase" aside, he was already facing a year long suspension, and even with that over his head he still went and got himself arrested.

That'll suspension will be upgraded to 'indefinite' now, and he'll have to keep his nose clean to be reinstated.  Given that he couldn't even do that when he was facing an entire year of lost salary, I'd say that's...duobtful.

Seeing as he might not see the field again until more than a year from now - and quite possibly, never - you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to give up anything for him now.

Sign him if Cleveland cuts him?  Why?  He's not suiting up anytime soon (again, if ever) so what's the point?  To get a jump on the free agent market of 2016?  Oh yeah, right :unsure:

"Fanbase" aside, he was already facing a year long suspension, and even with that over his head he still went and got himself arrested.

That'll suspension will be upgraded to 'indefinite' now, and he'll have to keep his nose clean to be reinstated.  Given that he couldn't even do that when he was facing an entire year of lost salary, I'd say that's...duobtful.

Seeing as he might not see the field again until more than a year from now - and quite possibly, never - you'd have to be a special kind of stupid to give up anything for him now.

Sign him if Cleveland cuts him?  Why?  He's not suiting up anytime soon (again, if ever) so what's the point?  To get a jump on the free agent market of 2016?  Oh yeah, right :unsure:

Sign him "if" Cleveland cuts him when he's able to play again...if he's available. 

Under the scenario I stated from the beginning, you weren't "giving up" anything.

no it doesn't, you are just trying to bring some political BS into it to support a weak ass argument. The Panther fan base...the realistic one anyway, knows JR would never sign this guy. So you go into some red vs blue to look like you know what you are talking about, only proving you don't.

That'll suspension will be upgraded to 'indefinite' now, and he'll have to keep his nose clean to be reinstated. Given that he couldn't even do that when he was facing an entire year of lost salary, I'd say that's...duobtful.

Sign him if Cleveland cuts him? Why? He's not suiting up anytime soon (again, if ever) so what's the point? To get a jump on the free agent market of 2016? Oh yeah, right :unsure:

Nah, we should throw away a roster spot for two years because Josh Gordon had a sweet year in fantasy.

Sign him "if" Cleveland cuts him when he's able to play again...if he's available. 

Under the scenario I stated from the beginning, you weren't "giving up" anything.

How bout, I'd sign him "if"  he wasn't a total moron who can't stay out of trouble to save his life.

However, since all evidence points to that being exactly what he is, I'll pass.

Nah, we should throw away a roster spot for two years because Josh Gordon had a sweet year in fantasy.

Roster spot?  Heck, we should be on the phone right now offering Cleveland our next two first rounders! :blink:

(you laugh, but I'd be willing to bet there are one or two on here who'd make the deal)

Roster spot? Heck, we should be on the phone right now offering Cleveland our next two first rounders! :blink:

(you laugh, but I'd be willing to bet there are one or two on here who'd make the deal)

Haha, Don't forget that we also need to lock him down with a massive long term deal. You don't let him get away.